View Single Post
Old 28-03-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
Kato
Dismantled

Bike: Multiple Monsters
If you do deside to go the Corse route and can find the adaptor it fits in here..

Ducati haven’t significantly changed the casting for the for the 2v cases since production started, so that makes life really simple for us in this instance because we need to fit some pickups and even thought not used in the injection motor the casing still has the mounting points.

Here’s the first of the gotcha’s some of the later casings have the mounting posts but they are not drilled, no great effort to do just a pain as we need them to bolt these on.

The last bit thats going to catch anyone out is here..

The picture is a 2001 900 SSIE it had the blanking plug pictured, again there is a gotcha in that some of the later cases were not drilled at all, it is possible to drill and tap the hole, but you end up with not many threads as the casting is very thin, so I like to machine a top hat thread that and press fit it to the case like this.

Now we can fit the grommet assemble and thread the wires for the pickups, last bit to do before putting the outer case back on is to set the correct air gap should be between .6 and .8mm

Casing back on there is one last job to tidy it up, the injection motor has a pickup sensor poking out the side, I used to just leave it and tuck the wire up out of the way, get some very puzzled looks from people wondering why its there on a carb bike, it's an ugly bit of kit so I now like to make my own replacements

JOB DONE!

Last edited by Kato; 28-03-2011 at 03:16 PM..
Kato is offline   Reply With Quote