View Single Post
Old 24-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
lisyloo

Quote:
Name a better way of changing the law?
Join a group that has a chance of being taken seriously and actively contribute to it.
MAG is one that springs to mind that has a good success record of getting things changed although I can't comment on their specific policy on speed.

Quote:
You have heard of legal precedents?
Yes of course and in some cases it would be worthwhile.
For example a test case that had the backing and legal representation of a large group with policy & research.
Someone that's p**sed off cos they got caught acting alone has ZERO chance.

Quote:
Admittedly I agree it is probably futile but I don't think anyone can be criticised for arguing against a law in court.
I agree that the sentiment of challenging the law should not be criticised.
Our democratic rights should be treasured.
The method of doing so can be criticised.
A massive change of speeding policy would need the backing of a large respected group (like MAG or the IAM) to put forward research and have the legal backing. An individual might be required for a test case once this large amount of money backing, policy and research is in place.

I did not see a coherent policy put in the first post or a sensible methd of challenging to the law jsut someone wasting their time and money p**sing in the wind.

I am not saying we should bend over and take anything, but a methodical approach and some backing would be needed to change the law.