View Single Post
Old 14-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
barrysampson

New member in Eastleigh

Hello!

Although I've wanted a Monster since they were first launched, I've only just got round to buying one, and not under the circumstances I expected. I was looking around for a winter hack, and after viewing the usual disappointing batch of Bandits and CB500's, I ended up with a Monster!

It's a '94 M600, 14k on the clock, been kept outdoors for a while, but it's a runner and came with 10 months tax and test. Overall it's more tired than tatty, but it does have a dent in the tank (but as part of the deal I got a spare tank and front mudguard - although they need painting). All in all, for less than £1k, I'm happy with what I've got, even though I will put more time and money into it than if I'd bought something boring and japanese.

I live in Eastleigh (just outside Southampton) and I'm pleased to see there are plenty of Hampshire folk here on the forums.

Once I learn a bit more about the Monster I hope to be able to make a contribution here, but in the meantime I'm sure I'm going to be asking for lot's of advice