View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #18
Liz
Co-ordination

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluprintZ View Post
When i first thought about getting a Monster, i felt that the 600 would be plenty big enough, i was also quite taken with the 600 Fazer, so i had set the cc limit at that.
My mate who used to race and has a 750 Supersport, thought that seeing as i had owned quite a few big Jap bikes in the 80's, thought that i would soon outgrow the 600.
I took his advice and bought the 900, so although i've never ridden a 600 Monnie, i see them more as an introduction to the Monster range, then maybe move up to a larger one when needed?
Certainly never seen the 600 as a "girlie" bike, more like a starter for newbies to the scene.

G : )
Always fancied a Fazer or a Bandit - rode the Monster rode the block - 'smitten'. Absolutely loved it and still do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Long legs Liz and Carolines pretty much pillion all the time. Shes not heavy but 2 up bikes do compress a lot and dont handle unless good suspension. I also want power to be similar to what I gave up.
696 is a brilliant bike but it never done it for me in the looks department.I dont like the twin sided swingarm and wanted single sided again Unless you know what I gave up for it you would see why. I wasnt downsizing for less power just a touring twin aircooled and new.
Ok Albie, now you've lost me with the 'technical' talk! To me, it either looks good or it doesn't!