Thread: Cheeky Question
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #13
trix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
I'd disagree with that.

I use Trestan Finishers in Southampton who charge between £25 and £30 per wheel and do a cracking job. I've had 7 wheels done over the last 5 years and every one still looks good. Unless you're looking for a show winning finish then powder coating is more than adequate
so you took your bike in they took the wheels off stripped them of tyres discs valves then they dipped the wheels in the correct solution to remove the very hard coating then zinc coated them then powder coated them then replaced the discs valves tyres etc and refitted them for £30 and it was a top job and the powder coating is still on there (thats what space cadet got for his money) if so can i have the number.
I would think that you proberbly stripped the bike yourself and the powder was put over the top of the old paint it works but its not a good job like I said you get what you pay for.

please dont take that personally i just think that this post has not been explained properly and it annoys me when people moan about things when they are looking at it wrongly especially when companies and individual names are mentioned.