View Single Post
Old 25-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
BluprintZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1 View Post
I see said the blind man
...who couldn't see at all.

Quote:
...but the radius of the tyre being less than the normal 70 series does (to me) make it seem easier to loose the chicken strips due to a shallower curve (less lean angle required).
However, rider style and braking will affect this issue aswell.
Very true, it's taken me ages to start trusting my tires since i got the m900 last April.
I was used to GS1000's etc, in the 80's, when the tire of choice was usually Metzeler and getting the bike over at silly angles wasn't a problem, although as Neil says, everyone has their own style of riding.
I'm crap on right-handers, don't know why but it's a bit like a phobia, i'm not as fast on rights as i am on left-handers, where i got my slider down for the first time yesterday, yahee!
According to my mate, who was following me on his BMW GS1200, i stick my knee out on left-handers but on right-handers, my knee is pretty much touching the tank, very odd!
I'm pretty convinced that the bike itself has a lot to do with it, as much as riding styles.
I have a Z1100R Eddie Lawson rep in my cousins workshop in Rossendale, that gets used very occasionally,`cos it's mint.
One of my mates has a photo of me from 1985, drifting the rear of the bike at a ridiculous angle on the way to Devils Bridge, up North.
I was never aware that i rode it like that, it just seemed normal, although there's no way i can ride the Monster in the same way, or style.
So Jim, i think there are loads of different circumstances that come in to play, for instance you would ride my bike differently to yours and vice-versa, different tires, suspension settings etc, will have an effect on how you ride and as such, it will show up on the tires.

G : )

Last edited by BluprintZ; 25-05-2009 at 09:09 PM..