Thread: Hello everyone!
View Single Post
Old 25-09-2008, 08:54 AM   #8
Johnny_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmaduke View Post
the colours look great , hope it gets going for ya soon
The story of the bike is unfolding each day as we get closer to getting it up & running!

Between it being nicked and getting to me via the insurers/aucctions/buyer/mate somebody tried to hide its identity with a respray. The V5 is in my posession ok. Chassis and engine numbers match up 100% but it was originally red. I'm quite pleased the crooks did this - as they did a VERY fine job with the paint The pin striping on the tank is absolutely perfect.

As for getting it going, my mate had a 600/620? in for a service, and borrowed some bits to get her running - and its sweet as a nut.

We've decided, rather than changing the clocks and making the low mileage incorrect, we're gonna get a E59 ECU from Sigma Racing - one of the ones that bypasses the whole red key issue. Also gives me a fully remappable ECU - so I cant complain. LINK: http://www.ultimap-ecu.com/

Meanwhile, the front mudguard is being resprayed to get rid of storage scratches. Likewise, the footrest hangers are off for blasting and coating to freshen them up. Tail tidy (route 9) ordered - and I got nice black billet alloy reservior tops for the brake & clutch. New bar ends in billet too.

Finding it hard mind you... waiting, while the weather has turned good. Its the first time in 2 years I've been without a bike

John