View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #19
Morag

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetronic View Post
This brought back memories - I was in London Bridge Hospital for a while after a major brush with the reaper and spent ages staring out at the Thames and all the 'normal' people wishing I was there!
On a lighter note, a guy I play golf with has had the op and always walks the course. And another guy I work with (on an offshore rig) has had both knees done and still climbs ladders to the top of a 150ft derrick.
He rides an old Harley and a Kawazukiha or something with no problems either. He says he just thinks of his plastic knees as integral sliders. Oh, and he's in his 60's!
Get well soon!!
Dave
Hi Dave
It's a great hospital and view - 5th visit for me and always lucky to get the view! Maybe you were the guy in the room next door!!!
Good to hear your friend plays golf and has had 'the op' I used to play county golf but stopped most sport 3 1/2 years ago. Was thinking about golf again as an easy sport on the old knee..I'll walk the course but think I might use a trolley rather than carry as I used to.
I think I'll convert the golf trolley into a Ducati version - think this might be my recovery project!
Intergral sliders, like the thinking...
What do you ride?

Thanks for the best wishes
M