View Single Post
Old 14-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
Lucati

Talking 696+ Yes oh yes!

I had a test ride on a 696 at Metropolis today and I have to say I was really impressed with it!
It felt a little taller than my 695 (it's the same on paper but the seat is definately a little higher) and the tank was lower so initially felt a little strange with so little actually in front of me.
It had a slightly higher pitch throb than my current motor but at higher revs it certainly let people know I was coming.

I did'nt really notice certain things until I got back on my bike but the brakes on the 696 are really good and the clutch and throttle are light and responsive. The digital clocks etc took a bit of getting used to and to be honest I prefer old fashioned clocks but hey, I'll have to live with it.

The turning circle was dramatically better which for central London Commuting is pretty handy.

I placed a deposit 6 weeks ago for a white 696+ and it looks like the earliest I will see it is early July but until then Damiano has said I can pop down for a test ride anytime to get my fix - top fella!

I'd recommend a test ride to anyone considering a change and especially somebody looking for a commuter! Stroll on July!!!