View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
retskcid

Newbie, been lurking!!

Hi,

I've been lurking awhile and enjoying reading lots of threads!

I've been drawn to the Monster through this forum. I prefer doing my own maintenance and previously thought the Ducati models were best left to the pro's. It seems however, reading here that maintenance is not that difficult.

I commute all year round into London (46 mile round trip from Kent). I had previously used sports bikes, but in Dec 2003 my SP1 was stolen and I decided to get a sensible bike (young son by now) and ended up with a 2003 Transalp - four years and 33k later we're still together! However, the sports bike bug never went so a 1999 Blade came into the fold about 2 years ago. The plan was to use the Blade for the April - Sept months and the Transalp for the winter.

Last April I had a neck op and was advised to stay off the sports bikes (the Blade has spent that time in storage) and so now I have made the decision to sell the Blade and get a Monster! So it will be used for the summer commute. I had made up my mind that the best model for me would be the M750 or 900, however I saw an S4 Senna and my heart says to go for it.

I know its not the sensible choice. What the hell. If it becomes mine I'll post some pics and I am sure many, many questions.....

Cheers

Rich