View Single Post
Old 30-11-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
emily's driver
Full Metal Tea Bag

Bike: S4Rs
Let the metamorphosis begin...Project Juan is GO!

Picture in your minds the unforgettable image of Nonnies "Disco Diva" 620ie at Arrow Mill a few years back, as that is the last you will see of her beloved bike in it's current form. Today sees the start of Juan's metamorphosis.

These are just a selection of the items to be removed in the makeover process (and so as not to give too much away, let's just say there will be a lot of painting, sawing, anodizing and polishing going on, plus a healthy dose of replacement parts being fitted)........

Seat cowl, fuel tank, nose fairing, front mudguard, rear light, tea tray, number plate mount and indicators, complete exhaust system, footrest hangars and all linkages, top yoke, mirrors, handlebars, frame side covers, cam belt covers, headlight, headlight mounting brackets, "Puss In Boots" and the infamous "Glitter Ball". The latter two will feature later I have no doubt. I have certainly got a lot on my plate and there are numerous other parts to come off, be modified or replaced as well. With any luck all this lot should end up back on the bike or not as the case may be, with the aim of producing a revived and very unique Juan "The sequel" version, hopefully in time for Arrow Mill. As Nonnie has carte blanche on the design, it is anyone's guess what the outcome will be but it will be unmistakeably her own! Can't wait!!

I will endeavour to keep you all posted as to the progress of "Project Juan" and post up pics as and when. Until then amigos.........

Last edited by emily's driver; 30-11-2007 at 09:26 AM..
emily's driver is offline   Reply With Quote