View Single Post
Old 20-11-2007, 10:14 PM   #33
Rusty35

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
Hey

Firstly, why buy the 695 when it will be replaced by the 696 early next year and therefore your bike will depreciate in value faster than the norm.

Secondly i think they are discontinuing the S2R 800 and only keeping the 1000 version like mine, so don't buy an 800 either.

If you can afford it (and although i have a few problems with mine) go for the S2R 1000, it has loads of torque, loads of grunt, and is (generrally) a joy to ride.
Thought that may be a bit heavy duty for me being my first big bike, 1000, also it may prove a little pricier as I am buying new. The new 696 is not working for me on certain level's as I have always been attracted to the classic look of the original Monster's and the fact they are more raw machine like. I went through a stage of loving the ZX750 in Black, then the Ninja but came back to the Ducati. Even before I had a Bike when ever I heard or saw a Monster go by I looked at it with great desire and jealousy...and my inner voice said "You shall be mine"....LOL

Going to try and snap up the S2R 800 in Black I think as I hate the clocks on the 696 as well. I love dials and neon, not digital numbers...

Thanks for you advice chief. The S2R 1000 is £7995 is it not?