View Single Post
Old 16-11-2007, 02:52 PM   #17
chief

Thanks for all the feedback, to try and answer questions...

I have been riding bikes for 3 years and i use mainly for trips to work and back and then drives out in the country on weekends when it is not raining (which meant rarely this last summer).

When i have taken the bike in to have the clutch looked at, they have told me that there is no wear or damage to the plates and that it is just an issue with dry clutches in general.

I agree with many people that Pete and the guys in the workshop are on the level and really helpful but i am annoyed that i have to take my bike in to get the clutch plates flipped every two months rather than just doing a clutch replacement and seeing if the problem re-occurs on the new one.

The break issue is as follows... I would also expect the back break to lock if i stood on it but i am talking about breaking harder than a normal stop but not emergency stopping.

I can be travelling at less than 20mph and have to pull up quickly and it just locks, swings the back out and the clattering noise starts.

A cyclist shot out from in front of a bus as i was dring by the other day and i had to break - release - break - release several times to stop the bike, it frightened the life out of me as i thought i was going ot take her out (obvously she should have been looking and i did ask her if she had a death wish - using maybe slightly more coarse language.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice and any more is welcome. I think i am going to go and see protwins and ask them one more time to fix the clutch problem by replacing it and look at the brakes or i will take it elsewhere to have someone else do the work.

It is a real shame, my monster is brilliant and always put a smile on my face, but lately it just isn't the joy to ride it originally was.

Don't much like the new shape Monster either, i heard there is a naked 1098 in the pipeline, so may look at getting one of those if they come out in 2008.

Thanks

Neil