View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #4
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
Chief, I've always had good service from PvT. There are always people who find fault with a dealer and if you look hard enough, you will find a few who have had issues with them.

Could you give us an idea of how long you've been riding bikes for, what you use the bike for, how many miles it has covered, in town, out of town etc? That will help us get a clearer view of the issue.

I would say that your mates diagnosis is partly true. The clutch itself should be covered under warranty; the plates will not be because they are wear items like the brake pads. That said, if they've been damaged because of a warranty fault, my personal opinion is that they should be changed foc.

Could you clarify your issue with the back brake please? I would expect the rear wheel to lock if you're really standing on it.

Re price, I've found them a little heavy, but everything should be laid out clearly on the invoice. I'm beginning to form a view that PvT cater for the Ducati owners who want to ensure their bike always runs properly and are happy to pay a premium for that, rather than those who want only a basic annual service and compare prices carefully. I'm not judging either group and I would hope that other members will respect that.

Enjoy, J.