View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
chief

Angry Pro Twins deny my problem

Hello

I brought my Monster S2R 1000 from Protwins in 2006. It ran great for several months, then the clutch started to grind / wear at a certain point when moving from standstill.

This got gradually worse and started to happen through several gears. I took my bike to Protwins who flipped the clutch plates and said that this was something that happened with dry clutches.

Since then i have had to take it back about 3 times with the same issue and since i put it in for its first service, the issue has been worse and the clutch has slipped and it grinds / wears when changing down through gears.

It doesn't always find the gears either, sometimes sticking between second and third or third and forth.

I have taken it back to Protwins but they keep telling me there is nothing fundamentally wrong, but i feel that seeing it wasn't doing this when i bought the bike, it shouldn't be doing it now, right?

I spoke to a mate, who also owns a ducati, he said it sounds like they are just trying to not replace a faulty clutch as they have to fork out for it not Ducati (it is still under warranty).

Further to this, i paid £700 (which i am told is hefty) for the first service and since i got it back, if i have to push hard on the back brake, the whole back end locks, jolts and rattles.

I feel if i go to Protwins with all the above, they will once again tell me nothing is wrong so that i have to pay for further work.

Can anyone here tell me:
1. If they have had similar clutch issues and whether it is a known problem or as i suspect, a faulty clutch?

2. if they know how i should handle Protwins?

3. If there are any other good dealer / servicers i can use (i am se london) because if i do have to pay for this work, you can be sure i wont be paying Protwins after all this.

Thanks

Chief