View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 06:43 PM   #1
Thumper

696, Motard, M900 - oh what to do!

This is my problem. Theyre not producing anything bigger than the 696. Rumour was that the Motard engine was going in one making an M1100, that I wouldve sold my soul for, but being a 600 I dont know what to do now. Ducati, ffs, you've confused me!!

I had 5 bikes on next years "to buy" list:

BMW F800GS (ugh, off the list faster than it can say "longwaydown")
The invisible M1100 (off the list for obvious reasons)
Another TL1000S (cant find low mileage good ones anymore)
Hypermotard
M900

My problem now is that I am interested so far in this 696, it has much more power and speed than Pinky but none of the expensive accessories I bought Pinky would fit the new 696 and I'd be buying a new bike (around the £5k-£6k mark I suspect) and I'd then want to spend about another £1k on accessories and modifications. That would make it roughly a £7k bike. Its habitual, I cant leave anything standard for more than 5 minutes.

My issue with the Hypermotard is the lack of wind protection and useability as an all rounder. The price is also a bit much, maybe some bargains now the new Monstro is out... maybe. But the more important issue is its not a Monster and I LOVE Monsters.

Then theres the M900. I am finding it difficult to find a low mileage one with full service history in good condition for a decent price. I dont like the dry heavy clutch but... Pinkys tasty bits would fit onto an M900. Theres also the fact that up until now I was really lucky with Pinky, he was reliable and really good, it was lucky getting a cheap Monster that with some love and care proved to be a reliable trusty bike. I'm a bit concerned that I'll buy a 900 and it'll break and end up costing me as much as a 696.

So seeing as I cant make my mind up someone else can do it.

All advice and opinions welcome