View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 07:11 PM   #6
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Another positive move in police / community relations

Oh yes I can see this being a positive move in rural policing given the huge levels of crime you find in the wastelands of mid wales!! Loved the video though LOL
Might be my bias coming out here but does it seem like an awful lot of newer plod want to be bad ass, they've got the body armour and you notice the para military look thats increasingly creeping in with this but what do they lack???
FIRE POWER and black substitute for **** (add anatomical items as appropriate). Way to get respect lads

Oh and if they wave one of these at you keep your helmet on as it'll save you smashing your face into the curb cos they aren't gonna catch you when you drop.

I did notice they only gave them the shortest burst the m-26 can deliver and probably at a low mA, BTW these things http://www.taser.co.uk/index.php?zone=public&page=faq
hit you with up to 50,000 volts at 18 mA for 5 seconds. This is slightly different from the doctored demo version at 1 second, 5 will leave you disabled for up to 15 minutes. Of course they can hit you with repeated bursts, 2 or 3 zaps can see you stop breathing.
Of course these are so non-lethal and harmless that they're illegal in the UK, now why might that be??
Next time lets see them use a full burst on the guy, that would be cool and a real personal endorsement for the system