View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 05:12 PM   #9
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxebeast
Thanks to all for the friendly welcome!

I surely was happy with passing the test because it obviously meant that I now have the opportunity of buying, owning -loving even- and most importantly 'riding' a Ducati Monster. Hell, what a brutal design, what a brutal bike. Choosing it was never going to be hard.

I also got to say that I share a particular like with Lord vader. Black is my preferred colour for the bike although once I have climbed up the riding ladder I won't complain if I get a striped SR. Yes I'm on the dark side and glad to be there.

Now is the time for hunting for one. Maybe some of you want to offer advice, which will be greatly appreciated. I have two questions:

One. Are the 600s powerful enough or should I look for a 750?

Two. Can I tour through europe on one of these beasts?

I have set a budget of £1500 for an used one so I'm mostly looking at 98 bikes and earlier.

Cheers
If you can stretch to £2K or maybe £2.5K you'll give yourself a lot more options. There are 600/750 monsters out there for less but they could cost more to get sorted/serviced especially if they've been neglected.