View Single Post
Old 16-09-2005, 07:24 PM   #28
Shauns4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilps
God knows how it was ever supplied to me from new in its original state. It's like a totally different bike. Not having ridden one before I had nothing to compare it with, but I would have thought that Aylesbury mechanics would have noticed when they PDI'ed it.
It's just so much quicker and way smoother. I thought it was supposed to shake like a Harley on tickover. Only bummer is, I've got to run it in again now.
I would have asked for a replacment new bike or some compensation, obviously it was supplied out of the factory not properly tested as they are supposed to be and the shop obviously didn't test ride it properly, did they tell you what was actually wrong with the bike? I would take your issue with Duacti and ask how a brand new bike was supplied well below specification, do their quality control procedures not work? I'm not really sure how Ducati test thier bikes before dispatching them but someone like Honda always put them on a rolling road and test the bike performance and this will form part of the quality control documentation for which all companies who are ISO registered must do or prove by some means.