View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 07:16 PM   #24
Gilps

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo
Glips, as a thought - when I had my ECU changed (unnecessarily I might add) by my original dealer, they didn't set the EFi up properly (indeed at all), so essentially it was running in a 'get-you-home' mode - although this was virtually unrideable with bike hunting and cutting out at low revs... Although the bikes should come from the factory with the EFi set properly, this might be the problem you have?

Ducati UK's ASM Andy Joyce eventually sorted it out - and he was a right wizz with the computer and the bike went like a rocket afterwards... did take him 2 and a half hours to set it up though...

xxx
Here's an update. Remember, I'm not technically minded. Pegasus have played around a bit, and have ordered some parts from Ducati. They have run a compression test and one of the cylinders is low. They have ordered a new barrel and hopefully I will have my bike back at the weekend.
I'm beginning to wonder if buying Italian was such a good idea. I can't win though. My shopping list was all Italian this time round - Ducati, Aprilia, Benelli, or MV Agusta, so I reckon I'd have had quality issues whichever way I went!
I have had the bike for 4 weeks, and have had 12 days riding out of it, so I can't complain really. As long as it's fixed by next spring I will be happy.
I can recommend Triumph if anyone is looking for a new bike. They are reliable and the after sales service is reasonably priced and excellent quality.
I'll keep you posted on developments with my Monster.