View Single Post
Old 23-03-2005, 07:06 PM   #4
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
A brilliant day all round
Max pulls like a train on the straights, not much slower than the 900. I followed Lin for a fair few laps to give constructive criticism, and to admire her arse of course :lol:
Lin was fairly fast through the faster bits of the track, just need to work on those left hand hairpins, otherwise pretty good!
I thoroughly enjoyed myself, my first trackday, and I found I could come fast into tight corners, shoot straight past on the inside of all the sportsbikes queueing on the racing line, the twin disc brembos just dumped all my speed really well, turn in late and accelerate hard out well ahead of the sportsbikes, haven't had so much fun in years!!! Knee down? Ha ha ha no chance, not on standard footpegs!
Tyres - standard diablos, v impressed, wet grip good with progressive slides when provoked, no nasty surprises. In the dry they were simply superb, only a slight twitch from the back when banging down the box hard on the brakes, used edge to edge and beyond with total confidence. No sign of real wear after 100 track miles, no cold tear at all.
Times - I was doing 2 min 11 sec towards the end, 68mph average, still more to come though
Roll on Mallory . . .
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote