PDA

View Full Version : Recognise this???

sidtheparrot
02-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Hi all,

Can anyone see this connection on their monster S4; I've bought an alarm for a fuel injected monster. I have a feeling its for all fuel injected monsters except the S4 :( (ducati part number 967022AAA).
I might be looking in the wrong place; I'm assuming the plug-in connector is located behind the left hand side panel.

Any advice is much appreciated

Chris
http://ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=4563

Duncan
02-12-2004, 08:50 PM
That looks like the Welch connector for adjusting the eprom mathesis on the Damocles belt. You are lucky its a white one which can be set by a dealer at £1462 + vat whereas the ones with black plugs have to go back to Ducati Corse in Italy for rezoning.

sidtheparrot
03-12-2004, 01:53 PM
That looks like the Welch connector for adjusting the eprom mathesis on the Damocles belt. You are lucky its a white one which can be set by a dealer at £1462 + vat whereas the ones with black plugs have to go back to Ducati Corse in Italy for rezoning.
Thanks for that Duncan,
Those two block connectors are from my DP alarm system, and just plug into the loom (somewhere) but I cant see a plug that'll fit, the instructions say "the six way connectors are found under the regulator"
I take it the regulator is the box found under the seat on the S4, or am I looking in the wrong place??
I think that maybe the S4 has a different loom from the other Fuel Injected bikes.

Ta

Chris

Duncan
03-12-2004, 01:56 PM
Its most likely a different harness Chris due to the other gubbins associated with the cooling system controls and engine management on that engine thats not on an injected air cooled bike.

sidtheparrot
03-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Its most likely a different harness Chris due to the other gubbins associated with the cooling system controls and engine management on that engine thats not on an injected air cooled bike.

Never mind, the instructions say its for fuel injected Monsters. Its a bargain for someone out there. I'll give it a few days for sale on the forum and if no one wants it, it's back on fleabay. £60 post free o.n.o sounds cheap to me.

Cheers

Chris

nik_the_brief
03-12-2004, 02:45 PM
Sod that little bit of plastic and metal Sid I'm, more impressed with your avatar, where does she come from? do you know her? Do you have her telephone number? :D

sidtheparrot
03-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Sod that little bit of plastic and metal Sid I'm, more impressed with your avatar, where does she come from? do you know her? Do you have her telephone number? :D

She’s a beaut isn't she, I came across her on a Italian Monster site (not literally) :twisted:

nik_the_brief
03-12-2004, 02:54 PM
Nah, I can imagine it would play havoc with the keyboard for starters.

Ah the Italians, such a sense of style (although with very distant Italian roots I would say that huh!)

Scotty
03-12-2004, 09:07 PM
my sieve of a brain says look somewhere round the headlight im almost sure there is a very similar connector round there

perhaps the key ignition connector bit

thinking about it on the none s4 injected bikes the rectifier is up at the front near the air box

Rockhopper
04-12-2004, 09:01 PM
Are not all the S4 Monsters fuel injected? Its the 916 engine isnt it which is an FI engine. The box under the seat wil be the ECU.

Ratchet
05-12-2004, 10:25 PM
if that is the right plug, you shoud be able to reposition the terminals to the correct locations, provided either the colours match, and or you know which ones connect to which.