PDA

View Full Version : Belly Problems

dazzi-b
27-11-2004, 09:19 PM
I have a belly pan fitted to my 900 but noticed the other day whilst the bike was on tick over on the drive that the yellow fibre glass was slowly turning orange as it began to cook from the inside from the exhaust heat on the right hand side :confused:
I switched the bike off in shock, almost expecting it to blow up in flames. The decals I had put on the pan had bubbled up.
As the exhaust cooled the yellow came back and all looks well again (except the decal)
Has anybody else had any problems and is this a common problem when the bikes not moving? :(

Pedro
27-11-2004, 09:39 PM
I had to get the Hole saw and dremel to my belly pan to get enough clearance to stop it burning.

No matter what I did with the mounting brackets, the underside touched the header pipes so I cut a slot about 8 inches by 2 inches in the underside. It lets out heat and stops the pa filling with water when I was it too!

Also had to add so gaps at the cylinder head with the dremel as it started to melt / burn there too.

Ped

A Yerbury
27-11-2004, 10:39 PM
you fail to mention which belly pan fried u have? I'm guessing it's not the monza, which I have, which is the bestest. Cut it off and be done with it as pedals suggests.

gary tompkins
27-11-2004, 11:31 PM
I had to get the Hole saw and dremel to my belly pan to get enough clearance to stop it burning.

No matter what I did with the mounting brackets, the underside touched the header pipes so I cut a slot about 8 inches by 2 inches in the underside. It lets out heat and stops the pa filling with water when I was it too!

Also had to add so gaps at the cylinder head with the dremel as it started to melt / burn there too.

Ped

Ditto, had to cut a slot like Pedro's in mine too - it's the bigger Imola version BTW. Had to get it re-sprayed as well, after I discovered the bottom had burnt right through :eek: :mad: