PDA

View Full Version : Gloster mob - Last Sunday in November meet

Duncan
25-11-2004, 08:30 PM
We are having a last Sunday in November run / lunch meet this Sunday 28th Nov for anyone interested.

A few of us are meeting at 11am Downend Shell station (opposite Willy Wicket) on the A432 Badminton rd then riding across to Tetbury, up the Fosse and over to the Waggon and Horses in Thrupp for lunch.

All welcome to join us either for the ride out or for the lunch time natter.

Duncan

Mark Walker
26-11-2004, 07:56 AM
Hi Duncan.....thanks for the message last night......although I didn;t quite catch the gist of it all as you were laughin so much after hearing I had a Tesco mobile........barring lighting and Thunder I shall see yuo Sunday at the Downend Shell garage....if I can find it......if I get lost I can always ring you through the magic of the Tesco network.....you get clubcard points for using it you know! :D

Duncan
26-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Mark

I was slowly getting pissed last night but you got the message. If Tesco sell phones, do Vodafone sell sprouts and are Virgins really mobile? :confused:

If you cant make Bristol then join us at the pub from about 12.30

regards
D

JR
26-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Mark,
Shell garage is easy peasy. For you down the M5 onto M4 Come off at M32 Junction for Bristol. Stay in Left Lane that will run you off the M32 before you get on it. Left at the junct and onto the Bristol ring road. Follow the ring road thru the traffic lights - keep going until you see the Shell garade on your right at the traffic island.
Failing that give me a buzz and I will meet you at Junction 14 and show you the back lanes way.

JR

Duncan
26-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Weather is forecast dry, mild and sunny spells for Sunday. So far I have 6 definites and another 3 possibles. Not bad for November eh?

Duncan
28-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Weather is forecast dry, mild and sunny spells for Sunday. So far I have 6 definites and another 3 possibles. Not bad for November eh?

Well, that was a good day out and a fine number came out.
Mike, Caroline, JR, Mark, and me on Monsters, John (Monsterised 851), Zimbo (900ss) and Dave on the 1200 Bandit. And a mention for Ben on pillion and Jez (750 monster) who came to see us leave.

We had about a 45 mile jaunt before the rain forced us into the Waggon and Horses for lunch and a few beers. Thanks to Karen Monster for her hospitality. The ride home was a lot drier and hopefully you all got home safe.

Pics to follow.

JR
28-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Nice to see such a good turnout today, and great to see Mike battling the gale force winds on my "old" bike despite it being temperamental due to being "restricted". Stick with it Mike, when you let her loose she is a flyer.

JR

Duncan
28-11-2004, 06:42 PM
Heres a couple of pictures

Zimbo
28-11-2004, 08:13 PM
Weather is forecast dry, mild and sunny spells for Sunday.

Who does your weather forcasting Duncan? Just so I know who not to use ... :p :p :p

Good to see you all. Next stop, the Xmas party in January. :eek:

Phoenix
28-11-2004, 08:31 PM
It rained all day here - got soaked just running to the car. Wasn't gonna risk it on slicks to be honest :eek:
I'll make the xmas dinner by car if necessary - sowwwy :o

BoozyBOB
28-11-2004, 11:39 PM
OOoohhh...BUM...
went out today..(Sunday 28th)..on my own but went East...wish i went West.. :(
bike got wet...but my NEW jacket IS waterproof... :D
had a good..(slippery)..ride
part from the VW driver that tried to drive me into a ditch..(and he was wearing a baseball cap the wrong way round..ARSE!!) :eek:

Mark Walker
29-11-2004, 07:38 AM
Had a great day and, apart from the lack of winter gloves, everything else was dry and warm......well apart from the beard which was pretty much frozen solid by the time I got home......but the grin was still there!

Good to get out on my first ride and meet some more people from the club.....so when are we going again.....?