PDA

View Full Version : fuel light

Scotty
24-11-2004, 08:20 PM
kinda suspect i have a broken fuel low sensor or sumit, its not the bulb in the dash , what should i be looking at / for ?
:confused:

A Yerbury
24-11-2004, 10:05 PM
its an alarmingly expensive looking metal switch that is plugged into the tank? quite solid so I assume its a dodgy connection. quite easy to trace.

Scotty
25-11-2004, 01:16 PM
damm the expensiveness of switch apperance

MilesB
25-11-2004, 03:45 PM
I'm hoping its not the sensor that has gone... :(

I see you have an S4, which I assume is fuel injected? If so, the sensor screws into the base of the tank, and is quite easy access :rolleyes:

However, leading from the sensor INSIDE THE TANK, is a wire, that connects to the fuel pump (which also lives inside the tank). To disconnect this wire from the fuel pump - and reconnect a replacement - you need to dismantle the fuel filler so that you can get your hand inside the tank :eek: . I'm not sure, but I suspect that this needs special equipment :mad:

I know all of the above as my fuel warning light did not work when I collected my bike. I reported the problem at the first service, but the dealer (On Yer Bike) didn't have the part, so they sent it to me in the post - "It's quite easy to fit".
Wrong :twisted:
It's only easy to fit if you havn't got a fuel injected bike. As it was a warranty problem, I had it sorted at the first major service.

Suggest you just use the tripmeter and keep an eye on the milage between filling up.

Scotty
25-11-2004, 04:11 PM
DOH

ahh well im sure il be dowing nowt over the winter anyways