PDA

View Full Version : back brake, how useless?

A Yerbury
24-11-2004, 05:35 PM
ok serious for a second here, the back- having been ignored for a long time is freshly shoed up, goodridged and bled but due to the angle of the standard set ones foot is sat in the almost full pressure position anyway, followed by another inch or so untill it bites. there doesnt seem to be any adjustment so to speak as the lever is as high as it gets as it touches the bottom of the hanger bracket? is there an adjustment on the pin into the brem cylinder that I am not seeing? It is currently not very "turn off and on able". cheers.
Alex.

Richard_S
24-11-2004, 06:08 PM
brake use is confined to the partially sighted.

if some inconsiderate fool is in your way and its likely that you'll end up in their ashtray make like a disciple of yazz

The art of the bunnyhop

:rolleyes:

A Yerbury
24-11-2004, 06:27 PM
the only way is up....I was hoping to skid on the shingle drive?! due to the old fool being a skiing type in a few weeks It looks like poss postpone till new year (its not prevarication its.. not prevarication...repeat..) may be able to squeeze in shots of your ugly 2 wheeled apprentice, if he can make it its 150 for two a4 s.
ay.
ps thanks, I am now a bit of a stoogie fan, hey its not like fags its a lifestyle choice. any tips on others? the mc was full but nice and smooth.
yours.
bungle.

Scotty
24-11-2004, 06:27 PM
is there an adjustment on the pin into the brem cylinder that I am not seeing?

errm yeah
if my memory serves me there is an adjuster on the piston thing ,if you take the link pin thing out make the adjutment and the put the pin back in
thing

thogh i suspect im completly wrong just for a change might have a look tomorrow if i remember

A Yerbury
24-11-2004, 06:35 PM
you may be right scotty, Ill pop the champers.

Richard_S
24-11-2004, 06:36 PM
look alex if you want me to come with you, you only need to ask.
had the bags packed for months now :rolleyes:

Richard_S
24-11-2004, 06:40 PM
as for the price happy to let him know.....but after hearing the heartwrencing story of the ad in the ace and the woman and if only you'd just said £100 etc, tears as i write this now, u sure?

A Yerbury
24-11-2004, 07:55 PM
hmmm business....is this chap going to need a lot of tweakin? ok 125, pass on my email.
he can keep the negs / prints too, thats good. btw I still have yours would you like them?
alex trumped.

spacemonkey
24-11-2004, 10:09 PM
Blinkin' eck, this is harder to understand than The Hobbit!

A Yerbury
24-11-2004, 10:18 PM
it is tricy but unlike Gabriel Garcia Marquez or Fyodor Dostoevsky there is no need for a family tree. I'm off to amazon to order kitanos latest, looks to be a "blinder" hahahahaha....
alex.