PDA

View Full Version : Ace Cafe Ride-out Sunday 12th December.

madhatter
23-11-2004, 07:17 PM
Hi everyone!

Runningman (he of the Ace Bike-Safe fame! :cool: ), has suggested that we all meet up and ride on down to the Ace Cafe on Sunday 12th December for something to eat and drink, general chat to each other etc before Chrismas.

Sounds like a good idea to me, :D Kevlar Kid has shown interest, Chappers is interested also if she can get a pillion ride down.

So....how about the Bedford chaps; Chris, Elaine, Martin?.....What about the usual guys from Bucks; Stormie, Doc, Laurent, PeteS4?......how about those around Flitwick; Tom, Dutchman and anyone else in Beds and Bucks who is interested.

Bruza, Slob, and all the other chaps closer to the Ace, how about meeting up with us at the Ace around 12.00 mid-day?

Anyone else, from any area, fancy a bit of a ride-out to the Ace?

This could be our last chance before settling down to the Turkey and Mince Pies.... :burnout:

Richard_S
23-11-2004, 07:26 PM
been a while and be a pleasure to join u guys. I'll even pack my zymol this time in case we find ourselves in roads made of mud again.

madhatter
23-11-2004, 07:29 PM
been a while and be a pleasure to join u guys. I'll even pack my zymol this time in case we find ourselves in roads made of mud again.

Be great to see you again Richard, I don't think any of us will be using that poxy farm track again to get to the Ace! Glad you managed to get her cleaned up afterwards......who says Motorbike Police don't have a sense of humour? :rolleyes:

fatbloke
23-11-2004, 07:32 PM
count me in

madhatter
23-11-2004, 07:39 PM
count me in

Nice one Terry! Be good to see you again.

I'll organise some meetup points so that we can try to roll into the Ace Cafe together......don't think we will have as many as the "On-Yer-Bike" day, and I doubt we will bring things to an absolute halt as we did on that day when we all pulled into their carpark together....but I'm happy to be proved wrong!! ;)

STEVE.

Vman
23-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Could be tempted....

madhatter
23-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Could be tempted....

Go on...Go on...Go on............You know you want to! :D

Vman
23-11-2004, 08:53 PM
You twisted me arm... :)

Runningman
23-11-2004, 08:54 PM
Thanks for getting this one going Madhatter; you're a better publisist than Max Clifford!
What about the Essex boys & girls? Round 'em up Benson. Oh, and as I'll probably be over in Kent on the 5th, Bob, GT & the team could swing in from there too.

Btw There is no truth in the rumour that I own the Ace Cafe, so whoever started that one...you're barred!

R

madhatter
23-11-2004, 09:03 PM
....What about the Essex boys & girls? Round 'em up Benson. Oh, and as I'll probably be over in Kent on the 5th, Bob, GT & the team could swing in from there too....

Like I said, the more the merrier; Essex, Kent, Hampshire.....anywhere....it'd be so cool :cool: to finish the year with a well supported get-together!!

....still seemed suspicious that at the Bike-safe day, the Ace Cafe kitchen staff and counter staff all "flinched" and worked twice as fast, everytime that Runningman walked through the cafe. ;)

Vman
23-11-2004, 09:04 PM
What time you aiming to get to the ace?

Runningman
23-11-2004, 10:16 PM
I'll leave that one to my agent...what do you reckon Steve?
11.30AM onwards?
r

madhatter
24-11-2004, 07:10 AM
What time you aiming to get to the ace?

I would suggest that we aim at meeting up around 12:00 at the Ace, this allows people from further afield to leave at a reasonable time in the morning and gives them a few hours at the Ace before they need to start making a move for home.

So........aim at 12:00 meet-up at the Ace, although Beds and Bucks will likely meet up and travel down the M1 together. So we could meet others on the way down, or on the "Road to Wembly", so as to make as much racket as possible when we arrive... :twisted: ... :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Runningman
24-11-2004, 07:32 AM
Sounds good to me; lets arrange a meet on the M1 a bit nearer the time.
R

SAMMYE
24-11-2004, 08:08 AM
I will try and Make this!!! :D Havent had a ride through London yet! Should be cool, I will speak to Kenties

madhatter
24-11-2004, 08:39 AM
I will try and Make this!!! :D Havent had a ride through London yet! Should be cool, I will speak to Kenties

If you haven't been to the Ace, I think you will enjoy the day, especially if it stays dry and we can get a good club turnout. There is proper biker food and drink on site, and it's a good chance to have a natter with your mates and talk monster mods, servicing, problems etc.....hope to meet you there.. ;)

queen_gpants
24-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Count me in for this one as its been a while since I've seen anyone, I'll meet you guys there as I'm not that far away from the Ace.

Runningman
24-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Count me in for this one as its been a while since I've seen anyone, I'll meet you guys there as I'm not that far away from the Ace.

I must say you 've changed a little since I last saw you but I'm glad you can make it anyway.
R

queen_gpants
24-11-2004, 04:44 PM
well I've been feeling a bit bertie recently but I've perked up now :p

Runningman
24-11-2004, 05:00 PM
I Noticed.

(Nurse, the screens)

queen_gpants
24-11-2004, 05:06 PM
There's a charity rideout planned from the Ace on the 12th, looks like fun!

Ace Cafe London Paws n’ Claws Run - Ace Cafe, London. Start 11.00am. To The Mayhew Animal Home. Pet Food/old towels/blankets/toys etc all gratefully accepted. Last years run was the first and was very successful. Some of the animals also found good homes!

STORMIE
24-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Hello I'm Up For It. Just Let Me Know The Time And Place To Meet.

Bye

queen_gpants
25-11-2004, 08:05 AM
I forgot to say about the paws n claws thing is that Louise Brady will be there, not that I'm interested but I'm sure the guys will be! :rolleyes:

slob
25-11-2004, 08:24 AM
I will definitely try to make it.

madhatter
26-11-2004, 06:51 AM
Hello I'm Up For It. Just Let Me Know The Time And Place To Meet.Bye

Great to hear from you Stormie, :D thanks for the PM, hope to see you on the 12th. I'll arrange a time for the Beds/Bucks meet a little closer to the day... :burnout:

Slob and Queenie, I look forward to seeing you there ;) . I think the Toy run may kick off a bit early for some of the folks coming a bit further afield.

MH.... :burnout:

rjc
26-11-2004, 08:37 AM
I'll see if I can make it on the day too.

*fingers crossed*

madhatter
26-11-2004, 10:29 AM
I'll see if I can make it on the day too.*fingers crossed*

I'll keep mine crossed to, for dry bright weather. Hope to see you there Chap!

Bumble
30-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Bob and I from the Kent lot are going to try and make it (won't know definately 'till nearer the date).

Not met anyone from Bedfordshire area yet - hope you're freindly! :D

madhatter
30-11-2004, 06:52 AM
Bob and I from the Kent lot are going to try and make it......Not met anyone from Bedfordshire area yet - hope you're freindly!

It'll be nice to meet you......we're all a very friendly bunch from the Beds and Bucks area as we all seem to be close to the border and therefore tend to support each others events.... :D ......as long as you haven't got better mods on your Monster than we have, 'cos then your gonna get a kicking! :mad:

Only joking!!!! :lol:

LAURENT
30-11-2004, 06:56 PM
I will try to join if the weather is nice. Anyhow if the temperature is below 5 C
my batterie refuse to operate. (thanks Ducati )
Laurent

madhatter
30-11-2004, 10:33 PM
I will try to join if the weather is nice. Anyhow if the temperature is below 5 C my batterie refuse to operate. (thanks Ducati )
Laurent

Batteries don't like the nasty cold and damp British weather, it is sometime better to bring the battery inside the house and give it a "trickle charge". It will be nice to see you again on the day Laurent, Stormie is hoping to come and there are several others from Beds and Bucks who may be meeting up and all riding down together......so lots of noise!!! :twisted:

Dutchman
02-12-2004, 03:52 PM
I freely admit to being a fair weather biker these days, I did my crap weather riding when I was a bike courier in London years ago. So, if there is a heat wave on the 12th then I may well come along.

My bike kinda goes into the garage for a good rest during the winter...

elaine
02-12-2004, 07:29 PM
If the weather is ok, me and him will be up for it.
Robin has still not managed to get his foot to change gear yet so it may be two up.

The Kevlar Kid
07-12-2004, 11:46 AM
As Sunday is fast approaching (I wish...) thought I'd get this back on the current list.

Who's going and where are we meeting......

SteveSki
07-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Damn damn damn damn damn damn damn...

I will be in Amsterdam this weekend and gutted that I won't be able to make it as i'm being forced to go to a Jap meet at the Ace tonight........

Hope someone takes a camera.......

Runningman
07-12-2004, 12:32 PM
As Sunday is fast approaching (I wish...) thought I'd get this back on the current list.

Who's going and where are we meeting......

We are all going, and we meet at 12.00 Noon at the Ace.
See you there!
r

The Kevlar Kid
07-12-2004, 03:22 PM
We are all going, and we meet at 12.00 Noon at the Ace.
See you there!
r

Anyone from Beds or Bucks meeting up on route, M1 / A5 ish??

peteS4
07-12-2004, 06:53 PM
well it looks like i have chappers comming down with me ridding piggy back !!!!!! wasnt keen on going when i thought it was going to be on twisty roads, for some reason i seem to be spinning the back end everytime i take it out this time of year, roads to slippy for the power she makes, but if the bulk of the run in m1 i'll be happy with that........

Chappers
07-12-2004, 07:15 PM
well it looks like i have chappers comming down with me ridding piggy back !!!!!! wasnt keen on going when i thought it was going to be on twisty roads, for some reason i seem to be spinning the back end everytime i take it out this time of year, roads to slippy for the power she makes, but if the bulk of the run in m1 i'll be happy with that........

What time will we be leaving yours roughly and what time will we be back at yours as I've gotta be in Huntingdon for 4pm as I'm driving down to Bournemouth?

Don't forget to sort your pegs out then sometime on Saturday otherwise me feet will be flapping away behind me :lol:

madhatter
08-12-2004, 07:07 AM
As Sunday is fast approaching, I thought I'd get this back on the current list, who's going and where are we meeting......

Hello Folks, its been bloody crazy at work, out of the office, etc etc lately, so I've missed some of the recent posts on this thread :mad: , anyway.....it looks like the following people have shown an interest in going on Sunday if the weather is "reasonable" and so far the forecast is dry, bright and around 9 degrees (tee-shirt weather).. ;)

Runningman....Richard S....Vman....Fatbloke....Sammye....Queen-qpants
Stormie....Slob....rjc....Bumble....Bob....Laurent ....Dutchman....Elaine
Kevlar Kid....PeteS4....Chappers....The Doc.....any other takers???

Some of these Lads/Lasses are meeting up at the Ace at 12.00, I'd suggest that me have an initial meeting point for the Beds and Bucks folks. How about the infamous Flitwick/Ampthill Petrol Station (we meet up at for Clophill) to leave at 11.15, then a quick pick up for Kevlar Kid at Junction 10? of the M1....then hopefully making as much noise as possible all the way down to the Ace.... :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: ....WADYAFINK?

Runningman
08-12-2004, 08:13 AM
I can join the group at Junction 9 - just let me know the time.

madhatter
08-12-2004, 08:35 AM
I can join the group at Junction 9 - just let me know the time.

I think the Kevlar Kid want's to meet up somewhere around there, so if the pair of you can meet at Junction 9, we can pick you up from there around 11.30'ish..........hopefully, if everyone shows up at Flitwick on time, you should be able to hear us coming..... :twisted:

Runningman
08-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Thanks Steve
I shall be at junction 9 at 11.30 Am...with my ears tuned to the roar.

Kelvar, if your listening, I'll see you there too.

Looking forward to it already.

madhatter
08-12-2004, 09:10 AM
Thanks Steve, I shall be at junction 9 at 11.30 Am...with my ears tuned to the roar.Kelvar, if your listening, I'll see you there too. Looking forward to it already.

Fingers crossed it stay's bright and dry......have you briefed your staff down at the Ace, to ensure that there are plenty of bacon sarnies available?

GENERAL (OBVIOUS) SUGGESTION TO ALL: If you haven't started your bike recently, then give it a run-over before Sunday. Batteries don't like cold, damp weather and not being used, so a "trickle charge" may be required before Sunday! Best not to mention relays, solonoids, starter motors, kill-switches etc as that will only tempt fate!!!

The Kevlar Kid
08-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Thanks Steve
I shall be at junction 9 at 11.30 Am...with my ears tuned to the roar.
Kelvar, if your listening, I'll see you there too.
Looking forward to it already.

I'll see you down there, where do you fancy?? There's a concrete driveway / field entrance on the roundabout on the Markyate side of the M1 bridge, or alternatively at the petrol station by the Watling Street Cafe.

madhatter
08-12-2004, 11:30 AM
I'll see you down there....,....There's a concrete driveway / field entrance on the roundabout on the Markyate side of the M1 bridge, or alternatively at the petrol station by the Watling Street Cafe.

Or you could just wait halfway up the grass embankment and then blast off onto the motorway as we come past, landing behind us in a cloud of burning rubber..........well...it worked on the Matrix II.. :D

madhatter
08-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Hi steve, I would come out but the sun dont shine and there is salt on the roads,(what a fair weather biker). Havent seen you for ages, give me a text or something.cheers DOC

Hey Doc!!!

You are right....long time no see.....had loads of commitments with work, family, pre-christmas pi55-ups etc. Also had my old mobile nicked by "Johnny Foreigner", so lost your mobile number! I've dropped you a PM with my new mobile number, so send me a text. ;)

Now.....what's all this "girlie-nonsense" about no sun and salt on the roads! :mad: As long as it's dry on Sunday, why not come along? A quick hose off for the bike when you return will soon sort out any salt, grit and bacon fat picked up along the way.. :D

I must try to get over sometime and see what surgery you are currently performing.

STEVE.

Richard_S
08-12-2004, 01:39 PM
dry is good enough for me. fingers crossed and hopefully see ya sun!

queen_gpants
08-12-2004, 02:41 PM
After we've all met up and consumed large amounts of tea and bacon sarnies are we planning to go for a blat somewhere?

I dont have any decent winter gear at the moment so need to know how many layers of thermals and what size knickers to wear (to keep my bts warm just so you know) :D

madhatter
08-12-2004, 02:46 PM
.....I dont have any decent winter gear at the moment so need to know what size knickers to wear (to keep my bts warm just so you know) :D

Hmmmm...tricky one that....depends very much on the dimensions of the bts in question......tell you what, post a few photographs of your bts and I'm sure all your friends at the UKMOC will give you the benefit of their opinions!!.. :D :twisted:

queen_gpants
08-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Ha ha ha ha I don't need help on what size knickers to wear, just think Brigit Jones! :eek:

I just wanna know do I need to wrap up if we're going for a blat somehwere as my leathers won't keep me warm! :p

Richard_S
08-12-2004, 02:54 PM
it would be a shame not too but cant think of anywhere locally that would be good for a spin. park royal is a bit light in the fun factor department

A Yerbury
08-12-2004, 02:58 PM
not sure about cambs on sat chumbo but youre welcome to come up friday for a trawl to the slaughtered lamb, perhaps Mr Kennedy will be fiddling.

madhatter
08-12-2004, 02:58 PM
Ha ha ha ha I don't need help on what size knickers to wear, just think Brigit Jones!....I just wanna know do I need to wrap up if we're going for a blat somehwere as my leathers won't keep me warm!

Strewth!!........some people.......you put yourself out to help them with their motorcycling apparel management and then they just throw it back in your face!! :lol:

The plan at the moment is for several of the Beds and Bucks to meet up along the way, for a "gentle blat" down the M1 to the Ace. Others are coming from the south, maybe for a blat on the way up, who you could meet up with. :burnout: :burnout:

Nothing planned other than food, drink and biking banter once we get there at the moment, so we will have to see what others feel like at the time.

Hmmmmm...Bigit Jones eh! :twisted:

madhatter
08-12-2004, 03:03 PM
not sure about cambs on sat chumbo but youre welcome to come up friday for a trawl to the slaughtered lamb, perhaps Mr Kennedy will be fiddling.

:confused: :confused: I think I just slipped into some parallel dimension!! :confused: :confused:

Richard_S
08-12-2004, 03:11 PM
k no worries. sunny malvern isnt exactly on the way (like at all) but thanks for the offer.

I'll probably just jet up 1st thing and then spend the arvo performing magical voo doo trickery.

tis a shame tho. :(

A Yerbury
08-12-2004, 03:22 PM
its a bit of a palaver getting back from (sans ones own wheels) there is all. never mind.

Northman1
08-12-2004, 03:47 PM
11:30 Jn 9 of the M1 .... hmm.

Will try and catch you all up at Jn 7 or 6, presuming that I get out of bed Sunday morning.

Sunday Morning!!! What am I saying!!

The Kevlar Kid
08-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Or you could just wait halfway up the grass embankment and then blast off onto the motorway as we come past, landing behind us in a cloud of burning rubber..........well...it worked on the Matrix II.. :D

Of course normally I would, but that fork seal is still leaking (ahem)....

BoozyBOB
08-12-2004, 11:54 PM
Whey..Hey... :bunny:
looks like i might turn up...(with 2 VMax and a Z1000)...what time are you all going to be at the Ace??...is it not the Ace charity day on the 12th??

madhatter
09-12-2004, 07:23 AM
....looks like i might turn up...(with 2 VMax and a Z1000)...what time are you all going to be at the Ace??...is it not the Ace charity day on the 12th??

The general meeting time at the Ace seems to have settled down to around 12.00 mid-day, although several of us are hoping to meet up on the way down from Bedfordshire. :D There have been things said about the charity day, but it departs at some God-Awful time of the morning like 10.30 or something!! I'm barely awake at that time on a Sunday, never-mind feeling charitable!! Bah Humbug anyway!! :mad:

Weather forecast at the moment seems to be fine/part cloudy and around 6 degrees.....

madhatter
09-12-2004, 11:32 AM
11:30 Jn 9 of the M1........Will try and catch you all up at Jn 7 or 6.....

Keep your ears open for us Northman, I'll try to spot you on the bridge outlined against the Sun, as we rumble on down... :D

Richard_S
09-12-2004, 03:17 PM
can someone bring their chain tightening dooby?

Im pretty saggy and mine seems to have gone walkabouts :(

oh and yerbs I think you'll find thats my bike you have there!

A Yerbury
09-12-2004, 04:33 PM
I Think youll find Kaneda origionally gave me that bike october last year, looked like thus! splendid film though, ghost in the shell also good.

queen_gpants
11-12-2004, 12:02 PM
Guys I may not make this tomorrow :(

I think I've got an ear infection and I'm feeling a bit random today (there's a change) I'll see how I feel in the morning

madhatter
11-12-2004, 04:15 PM
A few people have posted threads saying they won't be able to make it to the Ace tomorrow, but I think there will still be enough of us meeting up down there to make it a worthwhile day......remember, it's probably going to be our last chance to meet up before the really crappy weather sets in!!!

I've been out for a good blat today around Beds, used almost a tank of fuel and had some good riding down the country twisties from Flitwick, Steppingly, Woburn to Milton Keynes....still grinning infact! :D

Weather looks like being a bit grey, around 6 degrees, with no forecast of rain!

I'm still planning on going down and will be at the Ampthill/Flitwick petrol station for 11.00, leaving at 11.15. If you are planning on meeting me here or somewhere else along the way, please can you confirm, so I don't leave you behind....I'll make a last check on the forum around 10.00 Sunday morning...... :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Richard_S
11-12-2004, 04:49 PM
steve still on course here. overcast is ok, its ice i take issue to!

madhatter
11-12-2004, 05:21 PM
steve still on course here. overcast is ok, its ice i take issue to!

Great Richard.....at least two of us so far then, to fly the "Ducati Monster" flag against all those Jap plastic bubbles! ;)

slob
11-12-2004, 05:39 PM

a couple of spaniards? no problem, 620ie, suit you sir...BYO lubricant.

Richard_S
11-12-2004, 05:41 PM
thanks my man

Richard_S
11-12-2004, 05:43 PM
oh and i have the "s" btw :twisted:

the xrta digit does wonders for ones karma. see ya 2moz

madhatter
11-12-2004, 05:54 PM

Im pretty saggy and mine seems to have gone walkabouts!

Hmmmm....."Note To Self: put some splosh on the chain and check those tyre pressures before I leave".....thanks for the reminder RS/Slob... ;)

The Kevlar Kid
11-12-2004, 08:56 PM
Mags and I are still up for this....

See you down at M1 J9

Ta ta...

The Kevlar Kid
11-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Guys I may not make this tomorrow :(

I think I've got an ear infection and I'm feeling a bit random today (there's a change) I'll see how I feel in the morning

Aww come on. Its going to be dry, and there'll be a cuppa at the other end to warm your ear up. Could be one of the last decent rides of the year as the weather is meant to turn from Tuesday.

Is randomness attributable to living / working in Maple Cross / Rickmansworth as it dominates most of my day????

queen_gpants
11-12-2004, 10:22 PM
After trying to walk or rather stagger around Tescos this afternoon I don't think riding a bike is a good idea, my sense of balance has gone to pot could make for some interesting riding! :eek:

slob
11-12-2004, 10:50 PM
oh and i have the "s" btw
as long as the nuts and bolts are the same size on ally swingarm models

peteS4
12-12-2004, 08:13 AM
well i've just gne through the whole thread and there seems to be no real time or place set up to meet yet !!!!!!! there seems to be a few ideas but nothing everyones set to...........well its now 910am, i've just got up,..... god knows how............. and i will wait for a bit to see who else logs on to check todays meet details............. if anyone from afound beds bucks sees this, pm me and let me know where and when.......... i'll pop back to check pc soon

Richard_S
12-12-2004, 09:10 AM
i'll be going jct 13 m25, then a40 straight there. if thats any good to ya?

peteS4
12-12-2004, 09:32 AM
well, i'm milton keynes and to say that it looks like its all sorted would be way off the mark, theres some talk of j9 at 1130 but thats it !!!!!!!!!! was meant to be coming down but seems like a lack of comunication on this one has left it a little up in the air......... even right up to the very morning !!!!!!!!!!

queen_gpants
12-12-2004, 09:36 AM
definitely not going to make this now, running a slight temperature and gone a bit deaf and very wobbly on my feet now! :(

Was really looking forward to seeing everyone too.

Just wondered if anyone is doing the Ace Cafe xmas toy run next Sunday?

Richard_S
12-12-2004, 09:36 AM
ah tis fine, never need to make a drama out of a crisis. i dont think that jct 9 was ever cancelled and even if your not sure you know where the ace is and im going to hopping on at 13. even if you solo it down chances are sumone is going vaguely in your direction on the way back. its all good in the hood.

madhatter
12-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Well it may have been a bit chilly.. :rolleyes: ...but It was great to meet up with Elaine and Robin at the 11.15 meet @ the Flitwick/Ampthill petrol station and then trundle down to Junction 9 for the 11.30 pick up of Kevlar Kid and Running Man...still suprised that 4 Monsters and a Tuano can make that amount of noise.. :twisted: An interesting run down, looking at the sights of the M1....BMW upside down with bits all over the road at J7.. :eek: ...Jag which had run into the back of a Truck at the bottom of the M1, smashing everything up to the passenger seats. :eek: ...but we all got there in one bit for the 12.00 planned arrival!

Nice to see Richard S, Rjc, Slob, Boozy Bob, "Pen and The Gang of Four (Fantastic Four?)", Pete and Chappers, was that you VMan with the Blue S4R and anyone else I've missed...think there were around 15 of us who made it in total. :cool:

It's probably the last meet-up and ride-out we will have now before Christmas, so thanks again for everyone who braved the cold to support this one, and Merry Christmas with a Biking New year to eveyone. :D

STEVE.

peteS4
12-12-2004, 02:53 PM
well i did discover something new today... when you ride at the back of the group no bugger waves goodbye to you as they leave, or maybe it was just cos it was me !!!!!!!!! well, all except mummsie.......... i feel so cold when i got there i didnt really say to much.... off for a hot bath and coco now......... not as young as i use to be.............. ooh and steve, hayley says hi again, she did say hi at the ace but you never said hello back.

Chappers
12-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Now off to Bournemouth, it was loveley seeing you all and hope you all got back safely.

Thanks Pete for taking me as pillion, sure the ride would of been more enjoyable if you'd gone on your own - but thanks hun x

Next time, I'll try not to put me foot down on the u-turn on me test and I'll be out riding on my own bike one day with you all :p

Madhatter - hope Elli did ok on her test, never got round to asking you as I didn't see much of ya.

Take care :p

slob
12-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Good to see you all and meet a few more faces.
Special thanks to Martin for the impromtu World tour of Soho and ensuing inaugural London Monster meet @ Bar Italia.
At least we now know who really controls Westminster's parking wardens
"These are not the monsters you are looking for." - Obi Wan Runningman.

peteS4
12-12-2004, 03:40 PM
if it hadnt been dropping so cold so quick i would have stayed in london a bit longer but was hard enough getting home as it was....... i didnt really ride much last winter so dont really have any winter riding gear.. leather isnt warm and my gloves are summer racing so fingers wouldnt move for at least 30 mins after getting in....

Runningman
12-12-2004, 03:49 PM
I'll second Steve's thanks to all who turned up; good to see the monsters out in deep winter.

Even though I hadn't been on the forum for a while I was sitting at junction 9 without any doubt in my mind that Madhatter and the gang would show. Sure enough, at the alloted hour, four familiar headlights appeared on the M1 slip ; what a club this is!

After the Ace, Slob, Richard S, RCJ and myself rode down to Bar Italia in Soho in order to give the West-End shoppers a chance to see the bikes...great fun. (Pictures to follow)

Happy Christmas to you all.

Runningman
12-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Good to see you all and meet a few more faces.
Special thanks to Martin for the impromtu World tour of Soho and ensuing inaugural London Monster meet @ Bar Italia.
At least we now know who really controls Westminster's parking wardens
"These are not the monsters you are looking for." - Obi Wan Runningman.

Next trick...eliminating one-way systems for bikes!

Richard_S
12-12-2004, 03:58 PM
ditto, a quick, but enjoyable one. not too keen on all that picadilly life in ur hands stuff so thanks for keeping your eyes peeled slob.

i will shortly be playing with the ducks to try and sort my ears out but tis always good to give her a run and with a heart attack full brekkie kicking around in the belly lifes never that bad.

thanks for the beverage Mr R ; if we can find it again sumtime I may well return the favour.

ciao for now.

elaine
12-12-2004, 05:03 PM
Thanks for organising today Madhatter. It was great to meet new people today. Best of all tho it was Robin's first time out on his bike since the accident in May. His foot is sore now but we are both so pleased.
Roll on 2005.

The Kevlar Kid
12-12-2004, 05:04 PM
well i did discover something new today... when you ride at the back of the group no bugger waves goodbye to you as they leave, or maybe it was just cos it was me !!!!!!!!!

Sorry Pete, I guess that applies to me as I was the first to leave. I think my hands were frozen in position round the bars by that point though..... No offence meant.

BoozyBOB
12-12-2004, 06:40 PM
nice to see so many Monsterers at the Ace today... :D
i noticed pete and chappers witnessed the fireblade trying to take me out as i left the car park..(aint there a lot of bits come off when you drop one of them.. :eek: )...poor bloke..i helped him pick it up and as it dropped all its oil on my right boot he walked away repeatedly saying 'F*CK,FU*K,F**K'..
so it was stop at petrol station and use a lot of the blue paper to try and get the oil off..then a good but cold ride to the M4 for a blat home... :twisted:

...roll on the better weather..

BoozyBOB
12-12-2004, 07:04 PM
so after 180 mile round trip...(i did NOT get lost once...i was lost twice.. :rolleyes: )...
my bike now needs som TLC.. ;) .and a bucket of warm soapy water.. :eek: .

peteS4
12-12-2004, 07:21 PM
i'm not quite sure why but i always seem to get missed out on pics......... must try harded next year to get in the lime light.......... anyway, now all my bits can feel again......... i'm off to sleep, up at 5am......... god i need a new job

Vman
12-12-2004, 10:22 PM
unfortunatly, I couldnt make it.

sounds like you`ll had a cold, but good one...

It`ll have 2 be next time. :rolleyes:

madhatter
13-12-2004, 06:43 AM
Thanks for organising today Madhatter. It was great to meet new people today. Best of all tho it was Robin's first time out on his bike since the accident in May. His foot is sore now but we are both so pleased.
Roll on 2005.

Elaine, it put a big grin on my face at 11.00, to see your red flyscreen coming down the Ampthill road, followed by that big ol'Tuano! :D Fair play to Robin for coming all that distance with a gammy foot in freezing weather.....respect.

RunningMan, I was just as pleased to see your Senna bike and Kevlar Kid's Corse bike as I swung off junction 9, It's always nicer to ride in a pack of at least half a dozen bikers!!! :burnout: :burnout:

I also saw that guy grab a handful of throttle on his fireblade and spin himself gracefully past Boozy Bob! Punching his hands on his legs as he sat in the middle of the road saying "F**K, F**K, F**K", not an ideal way to start Christmas.. :eek:

I also waved away at you and the others Pete as I left at Junction 12, maybe your visor was frosted up at this point.. :lol: .....it took a long hot bath before I managed to get the cold out of my joints.....getting too old for all this biking malarky.... :twisted:

Chappers
13-12-2004, 11:41 AM
nice to see so many Monsterers at the Ace today... :D
i noticed pete and chappers witnessed the fireblade trying to take me out as i left the car park..(aint there a lot of bits come off when you drop one of them.. :eek: )...poor bloke..i helped him pick it up and as it dropped all its oil on my right boot he walked away repeatedly saying 'F*CK,FU*K,F**K'..
so it was stop at petrol station and use a lot of the blue paper to try and get the oil off..then a good but cold ride to the M4 for a blat home... :twisted:

...roll on the better weather..

I felt sooo sorry for that guy that came off, I was facing the cafe when it happened and just saw the expression on Pete's face :eek: At first I thought you had collided with eachother and I started panicking and was questioning Pete as to what happened but thank god you were ok ;)

Chappers
13-12-2004, 11:44 AM
I also waved away at you and the others Pete as I left at Junction 12, maybe your visor was frosted up at this point.. :lol: .....it took a long hot bath before I managed to get the cold out of my joints.....getting too old for all this biking malarky.... :twisted:

I saw you wave but not sure Pete spotted ya as we were hanging back behind a car, he did try to catch up to the group before you were due to turn off but you wizzed off up the slip road...obviously you heard Elli put the kettle on and stick the plug in the bath :lol:

madhatter
13-12-2004, 12:03 PM
I saw you wave but not sure Pete spotted ya as we were hanging back behind a car......

Glad someone did! I took it up to around 85mph then kicked it into a false neutral so that I could be seen waving with my right arm, as I rode up the slip road. Thought I'd wasted all that spectacular effort.. :p

Chappers
15-12-2004, 08:48 AM
Glad someone did! I took it up to around 85mph then kicked it into a false neutral so that I could be seen waving with my right arm, as I rode up the slip road. Thought I'd wasted all that spectacular effort.. :p

Nah, I spotted ya wizz off and then cruise up the slip road but by the time we got level with you, you were almost at the traffic lights...that's how far back we had got :(

Do you know if Northman1 made it from Cambs in the end as to be honest I didn't recognise most of the faces?