View Full Version : Quickie ? Monster Tanks

Phoenix
19-11-2004, 07:09 PM
Are they all the same ?
Eg would a 900 tank fit a 600 ?

Ta.

fatbloke
19-11-2004, 07:16 PM
should do as long as they are both from carb-models but dont take that as gospel

Phoenix
19-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Chhers Terry I 'll check. :)

Lucky Dave
19-11-2004, 07:26 PM
If 900 tank won't fit, a Suzi GSXR WILL
Some of you might think it looks a twat but I think it's quite er :confused: sexy?

Phoenix
19-11-2004, 07:36 PM
If 900 tank won't fit, a Suzi GSXR WILL
Some of you might think it looks a twat but I think it's quite er :confused: sexy?

:eek:

Only want it as a spare and maybe to have painted up at a later date.

A Yerbury
19-11-2004, 09:12 PM
they do fit, as terrance said its the ie which are different underneath...as regards suzi tanks, well thats fine if you really think the world needs yet another gixer streetfighter!

gary tompkins
19-11-2004, 10:07 PM
The later tanks are a different shape where the seat fits. Not sure if this effects all models or just the later injected ones, but the tanks basically the same shape as an S4. Early (M600/750/900 carbed) seats/tanks will not mix 'n' match with the newer S4 shaped tank & seat.

I'll see if I can flush out a few photos later :)

UPDATED with photos. Hopefully you should be able to spot the knee cutouts are a different shape - deeper and more curved on the later spec tank, and the seat overlap change too. An older seat should fit a new tank at a pinch, but you'll end up with a gap where the cutout on the tank finishes higher up :o

Byron Kauffman
20-11-2004, 02:38 AM
There is definate differences in model years. Along with the bottom differences the cutout area where the seat blends into the tank are different. I ran into that when I built my bike. I started with a 2000 750 dark that had a light tip over. The problem was it came with most of the replacement parts from various model years. Of course not having a monster before I didnt know to look for this and never noticed it. I didnt know that the seat and tank came from different year bikes and ended up having to recut the seat to fit the tank.
I have been planning to recover the seat to match the bike so I have been looking for a spare. I have yet to find one that fits the tank so I still dont know what year or model that tank is from. The top filler differs on the early models too. The first thing you notice is the rubber seal showing on the newer bikes.

A Yerbury
20-11-2004, 11:11 AM
nicely illustrated the gt, the saddle looks diff too no?