PDA

View Full Version : A Shocking Shock

DesmoMike
18-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Sachs shock is in the dealers, cos it's leaking oil (and gas probably) from the piggyback reservoir.
Has anyone else had problems with the Sachs.

Assuming Ducati won't change it under warranty (it's 6 months out of warranty) can anyone recommend a decent replacement shock ? :confused:

A Yerbury
18-11-2004, 12:23 PM
hagon, cheaper, better although the sachs pop up on ebay, I got a tidy one for twenty quid...its not s4 spec but they pop up too when people go a bit ohlins (which new are still cheaper than sachs) hagons about 280, ohlins 380 I think the sachs is about 400.
ay.
the hagons have red springs ergo you will be quicker!

MotoNik
18-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Depends how deep your pockets are!

Ohlins, WP, both good. Ohlins for drool-factor, obviously. Not cheap though...

Alternatively, might be worth considering having yours re-built by someone like Maxton - cheaper than an Ohlins, with the benefit of having it built to your own specification, to suit your weight and riding type.

I've also heard really good things about Race Tech. They're a US company who do kits for rebuilding your suspension to suit your weight and riding style, and I've heard nothing but good things for their products. The UK distributor is PDQ in Taplow, although you might be able to persuade them to ship direct to you and cut out the middle man...

Nik