PDA

View Full Version : Hi Beds and Bucks......Who'se about??

madhatter
18-11-2004, 12:03 PM
Spent the weekend at the ICENI MCC Bike Rally weekend......bloody cold as it dropped to -2 degrees over night, but large quantities of methane producing keg ale assisted in keeping both my sleeping bag and the inside of my tent warm and toasty!.....thank goodness I don't smoke.... :eek:

The wind-chill factor on the 90 mile run back home was very noticeable and I was somewhat iced when I finally got the Monnie back home......Now, as it seems to have rained relentlessly since I returned....and the forecast is possibly for snow over the weekend........I just though I'd ask who is still taking their Monster out now and again (phnar! phnar!), or have the majority of Beds and Bucks people put them lovingly away in bubblewrap and WD40 storage until the first sunshine rays in March 2005......

The Kevlar Kid
18-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Greetings......

Glad to hear the real ale had the desired affect.....

My monster is as ready for action as ever ?????

hasn't been used for a couple of weeks though as i've been writing the assignments for my marketing diploma for the last few weeks and have hardly seen the outside (other than to go to work and back). Even the wife rolled over in bed the other night and said "who the bloody hell are you"??

madhatter
18-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Greetings......My monster is as ready for action as ever....

Good man! My Monster is in a rather mud splattered, sorry state, at the moment, but I hope to give it a blast with the garden hose this weekend.....if the snow doesn't arrive down here, that Julie and Ruth have just posted about. I'll PM you if I try to organise a run-out somewhere....if the sun ever shines again!!

I think I've still got some text books and notes from the Marketing modules of my Mba, so if you need any help feel free to give me a shout and arrange to come on over to the wilds of Ampthill!

A Yerbury
18-11-2004, 06:21 PM
white paint covers mud nicely I hear.

madhatter
19-11-2004, 09:40 AM
white paint covers mud nicely I hear.

I hate you with a passion you can't even begin to understand!!!........ ;)

Tom
19-11-2004, 09:54 AM
Hi there ..
The bikes in the garage so its only an up and over door away ..
However no winter gloves anymore means it will have to be a bloody nice afternoon before i'm tempted.
Unless you fancy a ride out to the South of France sometime .. :rolleyes:

madhatter
19-11-2004, 10:04 AM
Hi there ..
The bikes in the garage so its only an up and over door away....

Hi Tom.....South of France does sound pretty good at the moment....I tried to drop you a PM the other day, but your mailbox is full. I'm just over the bypass from you in Ampthill and you should defo have heard my pipes when I ride through Flitwick....it's a Ducati thing, don't you know! :D

I'll keep you informed of anything arranged for a sunny day in the future, hopefully the young Ms. "Chappers" will also be hooning around the area in the near future and the "Dutchman" is also around our local Flitwick/Ampthill roads! :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Tom
19-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Cool,, glad to hear it.
I very much intend to get out and about a lot more next year.
So where has Chris got to these days then .. ?

madhatter
19-11-2004, 10:49 AM
......So where has Chris got to these days then .. ?

Chris is still very much about in Bedford. He was starting up his own business in addition to the demands of his existing job, this made it very difficult for him to support the UKMOC as Rep, due to him needing to sleep at some point during a 24 hour day. :D If you hear the howl of a bike engine and a KTM comes pass you on the rear wheel.......it could well be Chris.. :twisted:

Chappers
22-11-2004, 01:53 PM
hopefully the young Ms. "Chappers" will also be hooning around the area in the near future and the "Dutchman" is also around our local Flitwick/Ampthill roads! :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Still having me lessons and am eager to get my test over and done with now :mad:

madhatter
22-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Still having me lessons and am eager to get my test over and done with now :mad:

Yeah.....I know what you mean......it's not just the waiting, it's the cost of all the lessons and then the test itself... :mad:....hopefully though, with luck, this will all be a distant memory for you and Mrs MH soon! ;)

MH.

Runningman
22-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Hi all
Sorry I've been a bit quite lately, combination of work, DIY and getting soaked every day riding to work has conspired to keep me indoors at weekends.

Still keeping a track of things on the forum. Catch up with you all soon.

Martin

madhatter
23-11-2004, 06:52 AM
Hi all
Sorry I've been a bit quite lately, combination of work, DIY and getting soaked every day riding to work...

It's that time of the year.......when I do get in from riding the bike, my fingers are too cold to type about it, or I'm too busy trying to dry everything out! :(

Ride safe Buddy!.. ;) MH.

Runningman
23-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Thanks Steve
I'm thinking of trying to arrange an Ace Cafe pre christmas meet for all those within striking distance...I know its not everyones cup of tea but it is the Ace, and we are bikers are'nt we.

If we start with the Beds, Bucks & Essex peeps I'm sure others will pop over.
How does Sunday 12th December sound?

Chappers
23-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Thanks Steve
I'm thinking of trying to arrange an Ace Cafe pre christmas meet for all those within striking distance...I know its not everyones cup of tea but it is the Ace, and we are bikers are'nt we.

If we start with the Beds, Bucks & Essex peeps I'm sure others will pop over.
How does Sunday 12th December sound?

I'd happily join you all but I'd have to see if someone kindly offers to take me as pillion, if not, hope you all have a gooden :bunny:

Runningman
23-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Thanks Chappers, thats two of us. Do they do candlelit dinners at the Ace?

r

The Kevlar Kid
23-11-2004, 04:22 PM
I could be up for that as well, have to see how 'er in doors feels about it as she's been a bit neglected lately. If she's OK (or wants to come), I'll be there. If she doesn't I could be able to give miss chappers a last minute lift if no-one else offers (I'm sure they will).

I'll be out on the 5th at Silverstone, doing that Santa's on bikes thing. I've got my Santa suit already. So if you see an idiot on a monster dressed as Santa in and around Beds and Bucks, It'll be me.. :D :D

Runningman
23-11-2004, 04:33 PM
Nice one KK. That reminds me, I saw two bears riding a motorcycle combination recently and you don't often see those type of machines about these days.

Hope you can make it!

Chappers
24-11-2004, 08:41 AM
Thanks Chappers, thats two of us. Do they do candlelit dinners at the Ace?

r

Ohhh beeeeeeeeeeehave Martin :o :lol:

Runningman
24-11-2004, 08:55 AM
You can relax chappers...seems like one or two others are coming along now.
Look forward to seeing you there.
M

Tom
24-11-2004, 10:05 AM
Sunday 12th December !?!!!

Sounds bloody cold to me :eek:

If it's dry i could be persuaded .. i heard the sausages there are s*** though!!! :p

Maybe see ya there .. :burnout: :bunny:

the doctor
07-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Hi steve

I would come out but the sun dont shine and there is salt on the roads,(what a fair weather biker).Havent seen you for ages, dont forget i still got your bits in my garage. My bike is undergoing surgery(again) just a little nip and tuck here and there.hope to here from you .give me a text or something.
cheers
DOC :eek:

peteS4
07-12-2004, 10:17 PM
doc, i guess maybe me steve you norm and whoever else is about should get together for an xmas drink very soon..... i'm sure you can get your baby out for a short blast to a local pub and back oneday soon

madhatter
08-12-2004, 07:18 AM
doc, i guess maybe me steve you norm and whoever else is about should get together for an xmas drink very soon.....

Sounds good to me Pete, just the usual case of trying to fix a date when we can all make it (only two more weeks to the season of eating & drinking), how about a pub somewhere in Woburn (halfway for all of us)? Maybe at the Ace Cafe we can all agree on an evening next week, Tue 14, Wed 15, Thu 16, ok with me so far. ;)

.....now what's all this about a spinning rear wheel.....does that demonstrate a responsible riding style to members of the public!!! :lol:

madhatter
05-01-2005, 08:19 AM
Yep....the seasons celebrations are well and truely over, as I return to the black hole of apathy that is work...hope you all thoroughly over indulged at Christmas and New Year. Mrs Madhatter and myself had a great time in the snow in the Italian and Swiss Alps...:cool: ....so, what did you all get up to??

My poor Monnie hasn't even been started now in over two weeks, and I now live in dread that all the relays, solonoids, the battery, the carbs etc will be malfunctioning when I try to start it!. :eek:

So, does anyone know of an event, bike shop meet, or anything similar that would warrant a January meet-up for Beds and Bucks to get together?? (we never made that pre-Xmas drink, so a chance to meet up on the bikes would be good)... :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

queen_gpants
05-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Glad you had a good time Madhatter, I stayed at home and ate far too much food and drank far too much Baileys and then gave myself a fright at the weekend when I realised I had put a stone on in weight over xmas! :eek:

So I'm find being fed liquidised lettuce and ryvita through a straw whilst peddaling on my exerxise bike! lol

If I can squeeze into my leathers and the suspension can take the additional weight I'm up for Italian night at the Ace on the 13th?

madhatter
05-01-2005, 10:36 AM
....I stayed at home and ate far too much food and drank far too much Baileys and then gave myself a fright at the weekend when I realised I had put a stone on in weight over xmas! :eek:...I'm up for Italian night at the Ace on the 13th?

Oh my God...you mean you're up to 9st 6lbs!! :eek: It's what the season of goodwill is all about...it would have been completely rude and terribly un-British to have done anything else.. ;) ...Ace Cafe on the 13th sounds a feasible idea....who else would be up for a repeat run down the M1 (snow and hail permitting of course)???....Kevlar? PeteS4? Chappers? Elaine & Robin? RunningMan (he owns the ace, you know)? and how about you other local Guys?....Chris? Stormie? Doc? Laurent? Fatbloke? Tom? etc etc....

Dutchman
05-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Ho hum...it really does depend on the weather you know...

Happy New Year to you all

The Kevlar Kid
05-01-2005, 06:22 PM
I can't make it as I'm stuck in the middle of the next assignment for my Dip (nearly all over thank god).

Also the poor bike is stuck in the garage with the forks in bits as I only got halfway through doing my fork seal, it wont get finished until the end of Jan now - bugger. It's not really the same going in the car (even if I borrow something interesting from work).

Don't count me out of future stuff though, I'm still around.

Hope you all enjoy it.....

madhatter
06-01-2005, 06:56 AM
Ho hum...it really does depend on the weather you know...Happy New Year to you all

Ok, so if it's dry and the sun is shining, I'll look forward to seeing a bright yellow flash thundering over from the Horizon towards me then..... :eek:

Kevlar....I still bare the scares myself from my Assignments and Thesis from my own Uni days....so I understand how this crap just totally takes over your life, however, if you get the urge to get the seals finished this weekend, let me know and I'll ensure we pick you up on-route!... ;)

MH.

Runningman
06-01-2005, 01:47 PM
Hi all...happy New Year

I should be OK for the 13th at the Ace.
And I should just say that even though I rode only three times over the Christmas break, (that was 2 weeks for me), the S4 started first time, every time.
I think its time we laid this poor reliability ghost to rest; spread the word.

r

Tom
06-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Definitely up to the weather .. and weather i can be arsed depends on how dry it is !!!

:p

madhatter
09-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Congratulations on passing your test H....shame about Chris's Suzuki....but rather his Suzi, than your Monnie... ;) ...hope to see you on your own two wheels at some of this years meet-ups.

MH.

Chappers
10-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Congratulations on passing your test H....shame about Chris's Suzuki....but rather his Suzi, than your Monnie... ;) ...hope to see you on your own two wheels at some of this years meet-ups.

MH.

Cheers Steve :D

Sorry to hear about Elli, she text and told me. Has she managed to book another yet?

H :p

madhatter
06-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Thanks Steve
I'm thinking of trying to arrange an Ace Cafe pre christmas meet for all those within striking distance....If we start with the Beds, Bucks & Essex peeps I'm sure others will pop over.....

Well....it's March, the snow has nearly all gone, a bit of rain over the next week will wash away most of the salt and grit, and who knows.....even the sun may make an appearance.. :) !

So when is the next Ace Cafe Italian night or anything similar, that we could get together and meet up at? Like PeteS4, I'm suffering from withdrawl symptons from lack of noisy V-twin monnie noise and general chatting over beer about our bikes... :( ......anyone up for anything?

Note: Our Nerdy IT Manager at work has made the UKMOC a banned site on our internet :mad: (must have been tracking useage or something, as I tended to log onto it about three times each day) now I can only log on at home. So if you don't hear from me immediately, don't worry, I'm still about!!

Chappers
06-03-2005, 02:33 PM
So when is the next Ace Cafe Italian night or anything similar, that we could get together and meet up at? Like PeteS4, I'm suffering from withdrawl symptons from lack of noisy V-twin monnie noise and general chatting over beer about our bikes... :( ......anyone up for anything?

I'll be out and about on mine as of April, so let me know. Bit nervous to be honest as I haven't ridden since my test (5th Jan) :o

The Kevlar Kid
06-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Well my Marketing Diploma is all over as of next Thursday, so my time will be my own again, but I still have some work to do to the bike.

However I'll hopefully be up for the Easter Sunday run that's mentioned on here somewhere. If not, absolute worst case, I'll be around from the begining of April.

Looking forward to it already.... :D

queen_gpants
07-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Radar and I are generally around for most things, we'll keep an eye out for anything interesting.

We are going to round one of BSB on Easter Bank holiday Monday if anyone wants to meet up? I think we might be doing stuff for Riders for Health that weekend but we can still meet people and say hello

I think Italian night is this coming Thursday?

peteS4
07-03-2005, 04:20 PM
italian night may well be this thursday but i seem to have this small combination of little thigs that add up to 1 big NO NO........... first i live 45 miles up the M1.... now that on its own isnt that bad... but point 2 is i dont seem to have any winter gear so its summer gloves and as many wolly pullies as i can force under a waist length leather jacket which again on its own isnt to bad........ but point 3 really stuffs it up for me at the moment........... by 8pm the temp is down to zero...... so 45 miles at 80/90 mph wearing only the thinnest bit of cows bum for me isnt that fun anymore.......just give me a few more weeeks though :)