PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a new slave cylinder

Meteor
17-11-2004, 12:23 PM
I've just bought a late model slave cylinder (the one with a 'star' shaped indentation) super cheap of e-bay, to replace the standard leaky one on my '98 M900S.

I'm sure that I've seen this mod mentioned before on the forum, and a that change of pushrod may also be required. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

spacemonkey
17-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Yes, from what I remember I had to fit the longer pushrod off the 996/748? Ask Pedro, as he did the same and might remember better than me. It's about £20, and don't forget the little rubber O Rings. The rod is longer despite what some bike shop monkeys will tell you.

Pedro
17-11-2004, 04:18 PM
Yep, 748/998 pushrod required - it's around 10mm longer. Like space says, about £20-25 and do change the o rings on it too. They pricey though - about £0.09 each.

It's also worth getting an O ring to fit between the engine case and the slave cylinder to stop muck getting in - I think it's about 12mm in diameter and needs a cross ection of around 3-4mm. I think I found a mixed bag in B&Qs plumbing section that had something that would do.

Ped