PDA

View Full Version : Bike won't start

Hans
16-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Right here is the problem. (Oh by the way, it is an S4R 7 months old)

Put in key, switch on, everything lights up clocks sweep round all warning lights come on, then go off(all as normal) then the orange light in the middle flashes twice and then stays on....press the starter and f*%k all happens. :mad:

Call shop and they tell me to go through the following...check battery(no prob there)......go through the switch on switch off routine with the red key etc(that does not fix it) :mad:

In short has anyone got the slightest idea what the bloody problem may be. The bike had stood for a couple of weeks prior to this, surely even Ducatis must still work if you don't ride them for a while.

How I look back to those days of trouble free R1 summers :rolleyes:

Any help most welcome.

Melnie Mouse
16-11-2004, 04:05 PM
yeah strange, my friend Heidi's did the same, and it was a flat battery though, although it didn't seem like it..

What about a fuse? worth checking? that happened on friend's 749?

Pedro
16-11-2004, 04:18 PM
You may find the fuel injection isn't getting quite enough jiuce from the battery - modern Triumphs suffer the same. If the battery voltage drops below 11.5 volts (ish) then fack all happens.

Try charging the battery

Ped

Albie
16-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Battery I would say. Have had that and all those symptoms :eek:

bod
16-11-2004, 06:49 PM
Have a look at you user manual if the yellow engine/immobilser light is flashing that indicates a problem with the immobilser.
(how have checked the battery?what is the voltage?)
There is a manual overide for the immobiliser which I forget the routine at the moment,it may be worth trying that if battery is ok,tells you in the hanbook how to do it.

Hans
18-11-2004, 11:46 AM
Bike is now in dealers, major problem as they are having to replace the "dash" and something else. Not sure how long it will take to get the bits from Ducati!

Now where is that KTM shop again..............