PDA

View Full Version : ecu puzzel ex challange monsters

Scotty
11-11-2004, 07:58 PM
on e bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10448&item=7933968456&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

i have exactly the same 'problem' as this bloke out of idle curiosity i put my monsta back to standard (filter ecu cans) just to see for mot purposes and having done that it wouldn't start for love nor money, but did run if i just put the legal cans on withe open box race ecu i asked about this at told local dealer and they said sumit about the mathsisness or sumit (was a long time ago i cant remember)

does anyone know if there was some sort of chip mix up

think im out on a limb here :(

bod
11-11-2004, 08:13 PM
Can't see why the can has have got owt to do with it.
If your bike has got an immobilser(sorry can't remember how old it was when I saw it)then it most probably won't work when you swap the original ECU as the immob ECU/transponder(the key) will need coding to the new engine ECU.

A Yerbury
11-11-2004, 08:17 PM
re boot it?!

Scotty
11-11-2004, 08:45 PM
ahhhh i c
imobiliser bit
wondered why i had a spare one of those as well
seems so obviouse now you mention it
cheers bod

bod
11-11-2004, 09:00 PM
No prob's fella :)

br1an
12-11-2004, 12:04 AM
I had exactly the same problem with my challenge bike , but insisted the dealer sort it out while it was still under warranty. They had to get clearance from Ducati, but to their credit and Woods it was all sorted out.

They are £500 a throw apparently and yes the bits were all just thrown in the nearest box and not kept with the specific bike.

Bry...ever watchful :cool:

br1an
12-11-2004, 12:06 AM
I had exactly the same problem with my challenge bike , but insisted the dealer sort it out while it was still under warranty. They had to get clearance from Ducati, but to their credit and Woods it was all sorted out.

They are £500 a throw apparently and yes the bits were all just thrown in the nearest box and not kept with the specific bike.

Maybe you should contact all the challenge owners and have a big swap meet?

Bry...ever watchful :cool: