PDA

View Full Version : R&G Fork / Swingarm protectors

S4R Dude
06-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Hi all,

Looking at gettng these for the S4R, as i see it they just push in. Has anyone got any fitted with piccies? As i am intrigued and are they worth-while as i was wondering if they would just get forced out on a spill? You know...push in pull out as the tarmac grips them.

I like the idea but was hoping someone would have either a clue or had them fitted already to give an idea.

Much obliged......me.

NattyBoy
07-11-2004, 09:04 AM
Hmm..not seen these myself, but bearing in mind my S4R will be my new track tool for next year..id be very interested to hear some feedback too..

Nat

slug
07-11-2004, 10:06 AM
There are some similar ones for sale on ebay at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10448&item=7932321769&rd=1 These have a bar that goes through the hollow wheel spindle/axle and the bungs mount on the ends. I imagine the R&G ones are the same.

I recently used the crash bungs mounted on my frame and I can assure they are worth their wieght in gold (or Ducati parts, which should be gold plated for the price)

berto
07-11-2004, 11:29 AM
;) Worth every penny

S4R Dude
07-11-2004, 11:34 AM
Interesting as they use a bolt through and the R&G one do not.

The R&G kit supplies three, one, a small one goes in front of the left side of the front wheel spindle, a middle sized one goes on the throttle side of the bike and a third larger one on the rer throttle side of the bike. They are tapped in place using a hammer.

As i said....very interested in anyone having fitted them......intrigued.....