PDA

View Full Version : fueling check , where ?

edy_the_italian
06-11-2004, 12:19 AM
Here I'm again....
i'm gonna fit the new exhausts today :-D

I spoke with the company that produce the pipes...they said that if I don't remove the baffle than i can leave the bike like it is...

but if I'll remove the baffle, I'll have to do the fueling check....

...and you know...how many days can I wait before I'll take the baffle off??????????

SO...my question is...

where is a good place to have the fueling checked??
how much is the average price?

thanks
edy

JMo
06-11-2004, 09:39 AM
Ed - what cans are they?

I really wouldn't worry too much about it - the EFi on your bike should be able to compensate pretty well either with or without the 'road legal' baffles in - and they say the Monster runs on the rich side as standard anyway.

I put some open race cans (ie. with no baffle) on my 620 originally and it ran fine (and better than standard) - sure you can get the EFi fuelling adjusted to maximise any benefit of having a free-er flowing exhaust, but then it won't be set up perfectly for when you put the baffles back in...

To be honest, it is really only worth the expense of re-mapping if you also go for the air-filter and performance ECU chip too - an exhaust swap on it's own doesn't make that much difference, other than the noise of course (you'd be lucky to get more than 2 bhp max increase on your 620).

Enjoy the silence - then shatter it...

xxx

A Yerbury
06-11-2004, 10:10 AM
do as the lady says. your earlier post seems to have got you worrying excessively.
ALEX.