PDA

View Full Version : the luggage

A Yerbury
04-11-2004, 10:12 AM
any tips on panniers, tank backs seem fairly generic but any fabric, good value panniers that sit under the cowl nicely?
ta.

Richard_S
04-11-2004, 10:18 AM
again the oxford stuff is very good. solid, waterproof and large enough for a stuffed donkey or 2 either with or without the optional tail pack. I recomend the whole lot (tank bag, pannier, tailpack etc).

tony_unn
04-11-2004, 10:20 AM
I use a tank bag, the Baglux type with the detachable bag that leaves the cover on.
I managed to find it on e-bay for £70 the pair but if anything happend to the present kit I would go out and replace them with full price new.

Don't know how much stuff you want to carry but this kit is one of the best things I have bought for the bike. They are not ageneric fit so make sure you get the right one.

http://www.baglux.co.uk/

Scotty
04-11-2004, 10:22 AM
some dp ones on ebay at mo £100 though

A Yerbury
04-11-2004, 10:25 AM
the baglux are a universal fitting I take it? according to m&p they do bike specific to? will have a look on ebay.
ta, keep em coming.

tony_unn
04-11-2004, 10:33 AM
I think baglux\bagster are bike specific, you might get a few bags that fit a certain model, but if yoiu think about it most bike tanks are different so the covers that the bags fit to must be different as well.

I know if you find a cover and bag for less that £100 you are getting a bargain.

A Yerbury
04-11-2004, 10:35 AM
the dp ones look nice but seem 2001 onwards, anyone used the oxford sports ones, they look like theyd slip under the cowl. shame they look like giant trainers tho......

Scotty
04-11-2004, 10:38 AM
i did have some oxford ones
errm i proberly should have fitted em under the seat latch cos whilst empty they blew off on the A19 and under a truck never saw em again after that they wernt bad could get a box of 24 bottels in it without taking the box apart uh the yellow ones show all the chain fling you might get

A Yerbury
04-11-2004, 12:24 PM
red is the proper colour for ducatis so I shouldnt worry about that too much!

spacemonkey
04-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Have you checked out the Buffalo range? In one of the comic's tests (Ride I think) their tailpack came out tops, they are cheaper than Oxford, and from what I have seen for myself just as good quality. And to top it all, they are made on the industrial estate a coupla mins from my muvvers gaff in Boringmouth.

Pedro
04-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Got a few Tesco carrier bags here if you want them, or for the more discerning, how about Waitrose?

:D

Ped

walkingpictures
04-11-2004, 09:53 PM
any help? ;)

A Yerbury
04-11-2004, 10:02 PM
err no walkies, I should have expected the inevitable disc world remarks, he never did it for me tho? I'm a bit william gibson, Ian m banks to be honest and as for tolkein....more fights and loose the hippies...yes that's you tom bloody bombadill!
harrods bags circa 1980 plz pedronas.
lexy.

Richard_S
04-11-2004, 10:16 PM
see what you really need is one of those old school collapsable thingies with the wooden handles. my gran swears by em and even has photographic evidence spanning over two decades with the very same JS hold all. Craftsman ship like that brings a tear to my eye

Pedro
04-11-2004, 10:33 PM
harrods bags circa 1980 plz pedronas.
lexy.

BHS circa 1998 only I'm afraid..... but ca I have it back when you're done with it please

Pedronas

(is that Foggy's mexican counterpart race team....?)

A Yerbury
04-11-2004, 10:41 PM
is bhs still going hedgerow? back in the days it was all "collapseable" now its "expandable" Im a solid state universe kinda guy with francophilliac errrrings.

Richard_S
04-11-2004, 10:45 PM
just be sure to keep your balaclava on your own premises. wouldnt want you to get caught up in a jihad or anything. First its scarves then its the downsizing of mcdonalds milkshakes. Grab the good times whilst they last

A Yerbury
04-11-2004, 10:52 PM
they do need a bit of shrinkage though, each shake is the about the size of a human gut. not that I'd know as I'm a.....little-italian-family-run-been-around-for-donkeys-innit-espresso-mate-one-sugar no modern world nonsense kind of guy.

Richard_S
04-11-2004, 10:58 PM
espresso is the easiest way to upset natures balance. no one is ever meant to that excited unless they are caught in filthly web of foreplay with natalie imbruglia, who lives 3 and a half miles away from me. she goes to bed at exactly 11.45 mon thu thursday but later, no i will stop now.

A Yerbury
04-11-2004, 11:04 PM
I'm a ducati owning, goat trimming, metrosexual ponce thus have my very own brushed alu coffee machine. my caffeine tolerance levels would criple the east coast...on a non school day.

Richard_S
04-11-2004, 11:09 PM
ali is borderline crass and you well know it.

what you really need is some proper stainless steel recepticales. And here was me thinking you were a well brought up lad!

Richard_S
04-11-2004, 11:11 PM
anyway off for some ZzzZZ's. If I can do the bizz 2morrow I may have a little bit left in the kitty to go over my £6 date budget for sat. Bring on the fat fools!

Ciao for now

A Yerbury
04-11-2004, 11:19 PM
youve got me by the short and knobblies there fella...it was in fact -gasp- plastic moulinex / de lonhi or some other and the steam spout has now broken....Anyway yah boo to you mister, these days the daper wallpaper reading gent mainlines his beans through surgical stell hypodermics.

M900nster
05-11-2004, 06:32 AM
Ducati used to sell (not available in the UK) a Monster City, complete with panniers and screen. I saw it on their web-site about 5 years back. I liked the look of the panniers but it was obvious from the pictures that they were mounted forward of the standard indicators thus making it impossible to carry a pillion. Guess the bike was intended for solo commuting.

I've just swapped my standard indicators for a bug-eye tea tray so that I can use soft panniers (I have a set of Belstaff panniers). Hadn't thought of putting the straps under the seat cover, but I'll try. I'm mostly concerned with stopping the things swinging and fouling cans or tyre, so I'm planning to build side frames to mount them on.

A Yerbury
05-11-2004, 12:16 PM
tyre fouling is always a worry. Ill have a look.

spacemonkey
05-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Nah, sod the expense, just hang a pair of Tesco Tumbleweeds off the rear indicators and go for it!

A few years back it was tres cool in Japan to sport a Boots carrier bag! I **** thee not!

A Yerbury
05-11-2004, 04:09 PM
so Ill bin the hello kitty tank bag and the powerpuff girls panniers then?

spacemonkey
05-11-2004, 04:28 PM
Hello Kitty? That's soooo 90's darling. You should get Miffy now you know...

slug
06-11-2004, 11:01 AM
AY
DOnt know if anyone else has mentioned this but these panniers ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10448&item=7932069590&rd=1 ) are on ebay now.

I have a DP bagster tank cover and bag and I dont know how I managed without them. The bags are universal the tank covers are bike specific.
I got my tank cover from Spareshack (£70 ish I think) and my bag off of ebay. I reckon the whole package came to about £110.
NB: the tank cover also protects your tank from minor day-day scratches and stuff. (although not major ones :( )

A Yerbury
06-11-2004, 11:49 AM
trouble is they are 2001 onwards and mines a 94, |I dont see where the difference is though? help? !

Melnie Mouse
06-11-2004, 02:10 PM
The Cargo Endurance ones from any Motrax Stockists are very good, 10 year guarantee and pretty reasonably priced too...

A Yerbury
06-11-2004, 02:11 PM
ta ill have a look, despite gaving ducati on the side 100 is a bit much for panniers (191 new!)

slug
06-11-2004, 02:28 PM
AY
Do you have a friendly dealer who can give you some advice?
Or perhaps make a 'genuine' enquiry and find out which part number you need and then compare it to the part number of the article for sale.

If the seller on ebay doesnt have the part number for the article he is selling you can get it from the catalogues/accessories brochures on ducati.com

HTH
Daryl

A Yerbury
06-11-2004, 05:09 PM
I phoned ducati earlier today with a "genuine" actually, thats were I got the 191 price from, according to sales chap "looks like they would fit" and according to the spangly new online catalogue they will fit any monst (daft stacked pipes aside) In fact in true useless salesman mode the guy told me how expenseive dp stuff is (like I didnt know) and recomended oxfords! ah well if these bods are paid minimum wage you cant expect them all to be ducati hoop jumpers. I still think 100 is a bit dear for panniers + p and p plus whatever the other bidder inevitably chips in with. "official" product or not

Richard_S
07-11-2004, 02:03 PM
i had the best tofu of my life last night. flsuhed pipes and golden wickets. 100 can be better spent, remember wisdom is a damn useful hobby.

A Yerbury
07-11-2004, 03:23 PM
best tofu? oxymoronic if ever!

Richard_S
07-11-2004, 05:37 PM
back on that beenstalk. next stop budapest. wonderful woman, wonderful eyes. fine chicken better lip service and two large glasses for me. champagne unti 2, heaven till five. get out of the country....there are women out there!! :D

A Yerbury
08-11-2004, 08:50 AM
Soon. I found an ebay dealer who has the oxford kit for 77 inc 48hr parcel force. should be able to squeeze cameras and snakeskin loafers in there...."Booked it, packed it, f****d off!"
Allesandro.

berto
08-11-2004, 09:00 AM
:p Luggage? I thought you cockneys could get everything inside yer camel coat and suitcase???? :burnout: Roll up Roll up!!!!

Richard_S
08-11-2004, 09:01 AM
nice nice chicken and rice :cool:

A Yerbury
08-11-2004, 09:43 AM
the world is my aphrodisiac.....roll up roll up oi they're 75 knicker each ya tit! are you still buying beers on sunday then inter stella Sellers fella?

berto
08-11-2004, 09:44 AM
:mad: You wouldn't let it lie !!!

Richard_S
08-11-2004, 09:59 AM
if i have regained the ability to walk by then :cool:

sure thing, just having transport issues. be a pig for me to get back late on a sunday but then if I drive then It'll be shandies. Ive booked monday off so open to ideas/offers/doorways :lol:

A Yerbury
08-11-2004, 10:05 AM
its a late afternoon thang 5:30-8 ish then we can all get further steamed in camden or uzlington, where does the train depart from. Im staying on a barge but if space turns up you may be able to sleep under his mx5 keeping a chav watch vigil in a prone manner. who knows didge may even turn up? Jon the boatman will be djing between sets so plenty of link wray and skiffle 7 inch Jonny cash action.

Richard_S
08-11-2004, 10:31 AM
sounds good to me; definately up for a proper session (8 is just a tad too heartbeat early to get the slippers out) MX5 undertray would be appreciated...