PDA

View Full Version : how to fit exhausts and store old ones...

edy_the_italian
03-11-2004, 01:52 PM
hello there, here I am again....

I just bought second hand pipes (low oval mistral titanium)...for my Monster 620 i.e. 2004
I'm gonna fit them asap, but before that i'd like to ask advices on what to do next.

1. Shall I just fit them on the bike and ride, or is better to change the air filter with a race one and go to the garage to reset the eprom or the CO ?????

2. how should i sstore the old pipes (the original ducati in alluminium)?
put oil inside? fold in newspaper sheets with oil????

any help welcome (!)
thanks a lot
edy

NBs
03-11-2004, 02:18 PM
hello italian edy

1. if you change the intake or exhaust system then you should get the fueling checked. You might get flat spots in the power, or the engine might end up a bit which can cause damage. Get it checked!

2. Store in a cool dry place. I've had an exhaust system stored for 5 years, indoors and wrapped up. Checked on it last week and it's still as good as new! The key is to keep it dry, I wouldn't be stuffing newspaper down it.

edy_the_italian
03-11-2004, 02:51 PM
thanks!
where is a good place to do that?
daytona??????

or should i leave it at DLS and pick up next day?

do you know the average price for the fueling check?

thanks
edy

ps:
no race filter needed then? and no eprom change ?
;-)

NBs
03-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Any authorised ducati workshop will have the computer to check the fuelling, some independants will too. Have no idea about cost, probably about half hour's labour, best thing is phone up and ask. They'll tell you if you need to change chip and filter too...
I just know that if you change something like the pipe then it'll effect the fuelling which will effect the combustion, which will effect the power delivery, and might effect the burn rate/temp beyond what the internals are designed for!

You could also make a wish.... that someone more intelligent than me comes along soon to give you a better answer!

Richard_S
03-11-2004, 04:21 PM
be careful about bending over to much though.

in my experience its best to go to your dealer with a bit of nouse - you ask if you need something chances are you do sir and then before you know it you have been tucked up with a george foreman grill or something equally useless.

as for the labour thing Id be tempted to pop in under the guise of something else (maybe buying an accessory/service whatever) its a lot easier to say "whilst im here can you just plug me in" etc.

you will also get a bit more of an idea of if your dancing with the artful dodger (hint they are usually cross eyed and stink of pish)

still im feckin crackers :rolleyes:

edy_the_italian
03-11-2004, 04:27 PM
he ment someone more intelligent....

Richard_S
03-11-2004, 04:28 PM
well f**k u 2

edy_the_italian
03-11-2004, 04:30 PM
but i reall didn't understand a single word ( i asked my friends here in the office and they didn't as well...they are english anyway...)

bend over? artful dodger?

translate please...

Richard_S
03-11-2004, 08:27 PM
listen up ed ; I think I'll quit whilst Im lagging. Be cool and enjoy your beast.

Ciao for now :cool: