PDA

View Full Version : Wheelie Gods................

steviej
31-10-2004, 07:56 PM
Oi, anybody fancy this..............................?? :eek: :eek: LINKY (http://www.stuntwheelieschool.com/)

.................next (wet) Summer maybe !! :cool:

marchesini
31-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Oi, anybody fancy this..............................?? :eek: :eek: LINKY (http://www.stuntwheelieschool.com/)

.................next (wet) Summer maybe !! :cool:

Been there, done that and another school aswell. Can I do wheelies now, can I f**k.

The main thing with this school is that they preach the throttle method i.e. pull back on the throttle really hard and the front will lift. Of course it will if you are on a 1200 bandit but just a bit harder on a 600/750 Monster. Yes, I managed to do some wheelies, some pretty long ones as well but I never felt in control or gained any consistency. I did another school with Jimmy Fireblade where he taught the clutch method on 600 bandits which was much harder but I understand is the clutch method is the preferred weapon of choice to those in the know.

I'll repost some more details later if you are interested.

Best regards

simon

Albie
31-10-2004, 08:36 PM
Stevie
I did one yesterday thanks. Im now a pro. all of about 12" off the ground. So im told :p :eek: :D Was on a ride out with newbie Scrumpster. She saw it .Bit pathetic really but need confidance. Was following the wheelie king NBs aka Nick on his 996sps with his front wheel pointing at the sun for ages. Cant compete with that. :D :(

NBs
31-10-2004, 09:02 PM
I did that wheelie school in steviej's linky. It was a great day messing around and not to be taken too seriously. If you can already do a wheelie they'll be able to teach you how to do a proper wheelie, point out loads of fine tuning you can do to make that balance point easier to find and hold, and also take you through gear changes.

If you can't get it up before you go, you prob won't be able to hold it up after you leave. But that don't stop you from having a lot of fun on the day!

nb

p.s. cheers albie, but I'm certainly not any sort of wheelie king.... track god maybe, but no wheelie king! :cool:

Dave in USA
01-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Done it too, a couple of years ago, grear FUN day out, and a chance to thrash someone else's bike without worrying about trashing it....
:D

Dave

Richy Rich
02-11-2004, 03:48 AM
Good idea Stevie,
I was looking at the Jimmy Fireblade school, so sign me up for a day. How can I live in Corlton and not do a wheelie?
Cheers Rich

Bob Dixon
04-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Every Thursday morning I hoist the front wheels up and wheelie down the garden path and onto the road. It`s quite hard to get through the gate without dropping the front wheel but I usually manage it, it`s the sharp 90 degree turn onto the street that causes most problems. Whenever the neighbours hear the distinctive rumbling sound of my wheely down the path they immediately follow suit. Ar about 9.00am Onyx come and its all over for another week.
Rich, if you want me to show you how to do this just come round and let you have a go on my monster-sized,dark coloured wheely bin.
Bob

Richy Rich
04-11-2004, 07:10 PM
You're a very silly lad Bob.