PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads

Pedro
30-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Having finally bedded them in, the new EBC HH pads I've fitted are blinking good!

Got new discs too as well as pads and actually quite surprised how good the anchors are now! Always thought they were quite good but bl**dy hell, they're awesome now! One finger for most situations and two for the "oh sh*t" moments!

Ped

A Yerbury
30-10-2004, 05:24 PM
they a hh95 arent they?

Pedro
31-10-2004, 07:21 AM
Dunno, thrown the packet away....

A Yerbury
31-10-2004, 11:36 AM
rummage through the bin then!

Pedro
31-10-2004, 04:09 PM
Dustmen have been already.....

Paranoid Dave
31-10-2004, 05:14 PM
I just put EBC HH on kylie, bloody hell I never knew you could feel THAT MUCH difference from a brake pad. I'm in the middle of doing a double disc conversion so when I get to test the two together :eek: I'm really going to notice. :twisted: Shame it won't be til next year now as she's looking a bit naked at the front after yesterday.

Alex, before you ask I threw the packets away in someone elses bin, but my reciept from Busters lists them as part number FA95HH :D

A Yerbury
31-10-2004, 07:23 PM
I saw some the other day whilst stocking up on silko, may get a pair.

Pedro
31-10-2004, 09:43 PM
Do it Yerbs, they're chuffing great!

Learnt (albeit slightly unintentionally) the art of the stoppie o the way home today! Using only two fingers on the lever.... !!

Ped

A Yerbury
31-10-2004, 10:42 PM
I thought they were just standard and as my currents are still ok I thought "no need" but after the glowing testimonials I will get a pair, 2 in fact as the rear is finally being done this week (bloody amateur, I cant bleed rear brakes?!) after buying some Gridge in the summer....

Paranoid Dave
07-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Did some bleedin today after changing my standard cables for the 748 braided jobs I got, now working on both calipers and not just the one so i thought i'd better nip out and test the new EBC's and feel whet decent brakes feel like. For someone used to single disc with crap pads I can tell you it was a bit of a shock squeezing the lever at 60+ and feeling the forks lower by a few inches almost instantly. :eek: :twisted: Good fun tho. I think some fork internals might be needed?

Can anyone tell me how different (if at all) 600 forks are internally compared to 900, I guess when they leave factory they are set up sprung for a single disc where as 900's are stiffer? If so do I get some 900 internals (or complete forks) or contacte maxton or racetech for some perfectly set up internals?
Oh decisions.

Pedro
07-11-2004, 05:20 PM
PD

talk to Maxton or Hagon or similar, they can revalve / respring to suit your weight and riding style

Ped