PDA

View Full Version : belly pan fitting

Dizzy
27-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Hi there,

I made it to the spareshack sale and got myself a belly pan, that was the easy bit now I need to fit it and i need a little help.

It came with one long screw type thing and nothing else, can anyone tell me what else I need and what to do from there?

Cheers
Dizzy

peteS4
27-10-2004, 10:04 PM
well as i'm not sure what style of pan you got its hard to tell you, i can only say how mine is.... i think mine is called the monza, its the smaller pan.... there is 4 little strips about 2 inches long and a hole at each end. a bolt holds 1 end to the fixing point on the bellypan as it has a screw thread. the other end is pushed into place after you offer up the pan and another bolt holds that end to the engine. what you may find is as is the case with mine, the engine end of the fixing uses the engine case screws.... just remover the 1 screw you need to fix that strip, hold it to engine, push screw through and do it back up........ do this to all four bolts........ but in a nutshell, the smaller pan is held to the bike by the case bolts. if you have same pan as me, it will all become clear when you look

tony_unn
28-10-2004, 07:36 AM
I have the longer Imola pan and there should be 4 brackets, there are only two slight problems, one is the bracket that fits behind the case near the oil level glass and the space around the exhaust.

You need to file away a little peice of the bracket, sort of a V shaped notch, this allows the bracket to move forward to match the whole in the pan.

Also once the pan has been on for a couple of days there will be some burning around the cut out for the exhaust, file this away plus a few milimetres more and the pan will fit fine.

Once sorted the pans comes off and on in 5 - 6 minutes I always remove mine for servicing and general cleaning.

Any more info if required just give me a shout.
cheers

Dizzy
28-10-2004, 09:47 AM
ok, great - I think that was what I was after - so it is the engine case bolts that are used to the belly pan place. I need to some filing / cutting anyway to make it fit the S4 (imola pan) anyway so I'll sought the other stuff at the same time.

Cheers!

A Yerbury
28-10-2004, 09:55 AM
pete you may find with the monza that the round lugs on some of the brackets come aloose and start to rotate (thankfully stuart seems to have a lorry load of these as spares!) if not a mole grip will hold it as you tighten.