PDA

View Full Version : New shoes...

Dark-Jon
26-10-2004, 12:49 PM
...my bike has :)

Finally got my new Bridgestones fitted on Saturday. Loads of thanks to SimonH for helping me, giving me advice, the use of his tools, coffee and a good chat (well, actually doing most of the work as I had no idea!); top bloke :D

Well, after getting the wheels off of the bike, me and my mate Neil headed over to HGB in ruislip, really am gonna have to find somewhere else to get tyres done. Soon as I walked in, the owner and main fitter were arguing (they were at last time I went in ages ago with a puncture!), stopped pretty sharpish when they finally noticed us. Said I wanted these tyres put on these wheels, simple as. More fool me :rolleyes: The owner guy starts going of on one about buying tyres from the internet and how they're probably not EU approved blah blah blah just cos they have a number printed on them where his Bridgestone supplies dont. I mentioned they have an E mark on them but he started going on about how they could be approved for the Saudi market :confused: , so I mentioned they have an E mark on them! see a pattern forming? numpty.

Anyway, finally gets tyres done and Simon helps / guides me putting them back on, shows me how to adjust the chain etc and points out how my sprocket and chain need replacing, as do my brake pads :D well, they havent been done in the 2 years I've had the bike :lol: (I'm used to car maintenance on an old mini!)

After another coffee and a chat, it's carefully off home bearing in mind my new un-scrubbed tyres. Even before the end of the road, the heavens open :( so, I now have lots of rain to contend with as well as new tyres! Scarily enough I found I had more grip, feel and confidence than with my old Dunlops!!!!!! thats gotta make you worry!

This morning, dry roads :twisted: all I can say is what a difference!! The bike feels much more nimble, more settled in the corners and loads of feedback. Not that I know much about bikes and tyres, but the difference is really noticable.

So, Bridgestone BT020's, reccomended by me, the man who knows nothing about tyres :D

Dark-Jon

btw, my mileage read just over 9900 miles before getting my tyres done :eek: don't let this happen to you, its really scary!!