PDA

View Full Version : Dyno jetting!?

SAMMYE
26-10-2004, 09:13 AM
This may once again seem like a very stupid question but what is dynojetting? I was talking to someone about putting these cans on my bike and he started talking about dynojetting and getting a K&N filter.

Just wondered what exactly it was and how it increases performance??

A Yerbury
26-10-2004, 09:22 AM
kits for carbs, power commander for injectors (thats you) dynomometer to see how your bike is running and where it can be tweaked.
http://www.dynojet.com/

SAMMYE
26-10-2004, 09:52 AM
Merci :D .

Lowsider
26-10-2004, 06:21 PM
My advice is get it done you will see a massive improvement in fuel efficiency and an improvement on pick up

Albie
26-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Sammye mine wasn't dynojetted but does have a K&N air filter. It will run fine without. If you have the money get it done. Whether you notice the difference or not ? Are they on yet ?

My sils are no different. No dynojets. Runs fine ticks over lovely and picks up real fine. :D :D

SAMMYE
26-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Not on yet! Left my tool kit round a friends and because it was such a nice day on Sunday. Decided just to go out for a ride! :D

Zimbo
26-10-2004, 08:17 PM
Dynojetting is basically just adjusting the jetting on carb bikes to achieve optimum fuel to air ratio. Dynojet, the american firm that manufacture these kits, supply you with a box containing a couple of springs and a range of jets, the idea being that you select the jets that best suit your particular bike and install them. Incorrect jetting causes the engine to run a little rich or lean, this is just a method of fine tuning to get the optimum. Someone who knows what they're doing can achieve similar results without a dynojet kit by simply changing the jets in the carbs, which actually only cost pence! The reason they make a difference on modified bikes is that by changing cans or air filter to improve engine breathing you supply more air to the engine and the carb is still supplying standard amounts of fuel. Rejetting will bring the fueling back to it's optimum level. and will result in smoother running, better acceleration, more horsepower, and possibly even better fuel consumption! Even a standard bike can be improved because emissions and noise regulations mean that standard fueling is often not optimum for performance.

Since your bike is fuel injected, you can't fit a dynojet kit, you haven't any carbs you see. If you need to adjust your fueling you need to tamper with the electronic brain that tells the injectors just how much fuel to inject, and the easiest way to do this, though not necessarily the cheapest, is to fit a power commander, also made by dynojet. This is an electronic device that sits between the ecu (brain) and the sensors on the bike the ecu reads to determine fueling. By modifying these sensor outputs according to a chart stored within the power commander it is able to trick the ecu into delivering more or less fuel than it normally would under any riding condition (basically engine rpm and throttle position). The power commander chart is fully adjustable and can be fine tuned to an individual bike on a dyno, or a generic chart can be uploaded to suit an average monster with whatever mods you have on it - performance filter, cans etc.