PDA

View Full Version : Any Ideas

scrumpster
24-10-2004, 12:50 PM
Ok so I have ascertained that my monster colour is a ducati performance called monster night, can anyone tell me if the bike would have been sold with this tank or could they only be bought separately?

I only ask cos my registration document states the bike is black and as far as I am aware it is not classed as a custom job, cos it is a factory job?!!!

:rolleyes: I have emailed the DVLA and tried ringing original owner, but his phone no longer works :(

Paranoid Dave
24-10-2004, 01:27 PM
I don't think its possible to have that sort of work from standard, that's just not how they're made, bodywork like that is ordered through the DP catalogue and perhaps the previous owner specified it at the dealers and they changed it with 0000 miles on the clock, but it's still not factory standard.

As for the DVLA, find out from your paperwork if your bike is an M600 or M600dark. Mine is the dark which means the bike is known to be black by its dark status and so the colour is listed by the frame. You can have Dark's in yellow, bronze, black or red ALL of them have black bodywork it's just the frame that changes colour.
If you have an M600 then the colour was probably listed by the bodywork so a simple change request to the DVLA should solve it and alter the colour of your bike to many or mixed.

I've thought all this before as I have a DP tank on an M600dark. Don't forget that you might need to tell the insurance people about it as otherwise your bike would be assumed to be black tank and that's what youd be paid out for in the event of damage.

Good luck scrumpy, oh and I love the name you've given the bike :D