PDA

View Full Version : Oooh lots of things

Paranoid Dave
22-10-2004, 06:51 PM
Kylie now has (after years of wishing) two discs on the front and two calipers :D But they aint connected up yet and I have a few questions.

What metal is the Brake res cap on a 900? The paints flaked off due to the fluid and if i repaint it the same will happen. I cant tell if it's ally or just crap alloy. Wondered if it'd clean up and lightly polish or matt finish better, but would the fluid ruin this too. Alternatively has sanyone got a pair of sexy aftermarket reservoirs they want to flog for next to nothing ;)

How easy is it to bleed the clutch cable as I have to do it when I change the levers I've got ready?

Painting the middle of brake discs? Not hard to do but I wondered how hard wearing spray paint is? Being the angle they are they shouldn't get too many stones hitting the side of them but i'd like to use something reasonable for the job.

:D

Albie
22-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Always thought of polishing reservoirs myself. Think they are ally as lid very light. Try the lid first .Im sure it will look good.

When bleeding clutch tilt the bike over as far as you can to the right without letting fluid spill so the air rises out and pump clutch lever so bubbles come out. I know this from experience trust me :D :eek:

Paranoid Dave
22-10-2004, 07:12 PM
I'm not using the original 600 lever set with built in box reservoirs, I have a set of 900ss levers with external pots so only the lid on the brake pot is metal, the rest is all nasty plastic. Did think about painting the pots black leaving a stripe front and back for fluid level reading but would have to keep clear of the thread as that'll get flakey as soon as the fluid hits it. :mad:

Out of interest where is the bleed nipple on the clutch bit?

Should I be ok taking the cable straight off my 600 res and screwing the banjo into the new one, then bleeding it?

Albie
22-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Bleed nipple on slave and would have thought hoses are same to be honest.

A Yerbury
22-10-2004, 10:42 PM
on the early 6 the bleed is top of the right case next to hose, if this is yr set up? I got an easy bleed and it was easy. unlike bleedin the bleedin rear brake.

Spike
23-10-2004, 08:27 AM
Dave you've seen my bike the tops will polish up if you get the paint off just ask Dom if he did it by hand or got his mate with the mop to do it but you will have to use the original reseviours. Sorry scratch that if I remember the round remote caps are ali so should polish up a treat.