PDA

View Full Version : I'm new...

caro'n'rich
22-10-2004, 10:22 AM
Anyone out there? what was the conclusion from your meeting earlier this week? Will you be meeting up on Sunday lunchtimes? Where?
Can I come along too?
Cheers
(grin)
CaroCalandra

JR
22-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Caro,

The only people you will find "out there" are me (JR) Duncan, Mark Walker (fell off, but came by car - hope your well mended Mark) and Graham (Zimbo) who attended the meeting. Fred the other stalwart did not make it probably had to attend a BMW G whatever meeting!
Send Duncan a PM - he will fall off his perch if he hears of anyone who is not a phantom Monsterer.
We are going to meet one Sunday a month, but thanks to mobile phones also for short notice runs. Duncan and myself met up with the Hamshire (Hamsters) Group last sunday at Avebury.

Safe riding

JR

Duncan
22-10-2004, 08:00 PM
JR is right, we have a sort of Motley mixture of Monsters but have also managed to hijack the local Ducati Owners club meetings where Monsters have just about taken over.

So......

1st Monday evening in each month is the local branch DOC pub meet where a few of us get to. That kicks off about 8pm at The Willy Wicket (just off the ring road) in Downend. Its also at the Kendleshire Golden heart sometimes so PM me if youre coming to save you going to the wrong place. Theres a few gurlies with ducatis over there too.

We are going to post a few Sunday's but will be looking at the weather until Spring so its watch this space. ...
We are talking about the NEC show for November and a post Xmas do in January.

Over summer we got about a bit. We are one of the more functional regions and have a summer 2nd Wednesday evening ride out. It saw us getting all over the area to impossible to find pubs. Thats on again next year.
We join in with other regions and for next year so far theres the National Monster weekender in Stratford in May and our very own Bristol Bike show in August.
Then we had a few impromptu rideouts on Evenings and got over the Wye Valley a few times. We got to Castle Combe for the superbikes, Weston Super Mare a few times, Cheddar, further afield to the South Coast etc etc. So even though its going a bit quiet its not stopping for winter and I will keep you posted of events.
Local to you, theres Monsters in Ashton, Clifton (x2), Oldland Common, Bradley Stoke, Fishponds, Downend, Thornbury, Stroud, Weston etc. So keep an eye on here cos the region is almost functioning, at times its lonely (just me and JR) but often we get 7 - 10 Monnies out.

Scotty
22-10-2004, 09:55 PM
some regions are perticulary disfunctyonal like the north east one our rep is crap ;)

ahh the humor, or lack of

caro'n'rich
24-10-2004, 10:11 AM
What does PM mean? sorry I'm a new user of chat rooms / fora, and am finding out by doing (cos although a girlie I still can't quite get used to reading instructions).

So is your next meeting on Monday 1st November at the Willy Wicket? Fantastic if it is, as I can simply drop in en route home. And get the chance for some extra work too....
cheers

Duncan
24-10-2004, 10:54 AM
Hi Caroline

PM means private message but I guess you have just discovered this as I got your text. There are loads of buttons and controls on here and I am pernamently cofnused.

We are at the Willy Wicket on Nov 1st and to confirm that I spoke to one of the organisers just now.

We were at the Golden Heart for years then one of the very fair weather riders nearly dropped his 748 on the uneven!? car park. More a case of tall bike and short legs but it suddenly moved 1/2 mile down the road to the Willy. That is a good venue for me in that I live 400yds away and can walk over and have a few beers but I also miss the ride to the meetings. Its likely to move again in the Spring to a permanent venue.

Mark Walker
24-10-2004, 08:11 PM
Hey Dunc.......can you let me have a few more details on where the Willy Wicket is and I might be able to get over for a drink if the 1st NOvember is still on.....and might even get down on the bike if the weather is nice (although I won't hold me breath)...

And hi to Caroline from the 'new boy'

Duncan
24-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Hey Dunc.......can you let me have a few more details on where the Willy Wicket is and I might be able to get over for a drink if the 1st NOvember is still on

Hi Mark

Its on the A4174 Avon ring road. From the M5 heading south follow signs onto M4 East and get off at Junc 19 for the M32 and follow ring road signs.
Stay on the M32 briefly only about 400 yds and get off at Hambrook to a roundabout with lights and peel off left along the ring road for Downend / Kingswood direction.
Go straight thro big set of lights, to another roundabout with lights where the ring road goes left, up to the next roundabout (A432 Badminton road) and the Willy Wicket is a big farmhouse on your right by a Shell garage.

Mark Walker
25-10-2004, 08:14 AM
Okey-dokey.......won't make any promises yet as I am not sure what I am up to around that time....even though it is only next week....and as long as the DOC don't mind non-members turning up.....

Cheers