PDA

View Full Version : can shortners

Scotty
18-10-2004, 07:47 PM
see if my sieve of a memory is working,

asked bloke at M&S about what chopping the end of the exhaust would do for your fueling , and he said it would end up a bit lean and although you can adjust the mixture with the told matheseaeseaesasis tool thing you wouldnt be able to get it right , i was wondering if anyone who has choped exhausts shorter has had any 'problems' afterwards
:confused:

A Yerbury
18-10-2004, 08:52 PM
carbs are easy to lean or rich...oh hang on, s4. scratch that....why do you want to chop the ends off? for fun?
AY

marchesini
18-10-2004, 08:56 PM
a guy in the US does this as a service for loads of ducatis.

website here (http://ducatipipemod.com/)

He's a really helpful guy so if the site doesn't show you how to do it, you'll certainly get some info there. If not, send him a mail, I'm pretty sure he'll respond especially being in the UK.

best regards

simon

Pedro
18-10-2004, 10:14 PM
Have a squint at www.ducatisuite.com too - he shows can coring in some detail.

Ped

Scotty
18-10-2004, 11:15 PM
yup just for 'fun'
if one day the tail chop becons would look a bit wrong with the high level exhausts sticking out the back.

and just thinking (it hurt like) a lot of the other aftermarket exhausts are shorter different shapes etc etc and hence dont get the 'official' ducati ortherised exact engine map or do they with the powercommander /fim rechips hummmmmm i luv hassel and greif of something just slightly different

A Yerbury
18-10-2004, 11:20 PM
there s a few s4 high level chopees here, vman, petes4 and natty dread. There s a fair bit of rivet drilling, cutting and welding involved with coring....