PDA

View Full Version : Bikesafe day - 19th Oct - Ace Cafe

Runningman
14-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Hi all
I'm away on business this weekend so I thought i'd speak to you all again tonight.
The final number appears to be six, thats:
Me (for it is I, Runningman)
Bruza
Madhatter
Slob
Nic the brief
Richard s

Flip., I 've heard nothing from you so not sure if your coming or not, but it would be nice if you can make it.

I am going to cancel two places tommorow (hopefully they will refund me) so there is a last chance for a late arrival.

All those above - see you at the Ace on Tuesday.
R

nik_the_brief
14-10-2004, 10:14 PM
Okay mate see you there.

Just got to start rummaging for my documents and other essentials now, fitted new front tyre so hope that the weather's going to be fair!

Now all I gotta do is find my way to the Ace, anyone travelling up from deepest darkest Kent want to meet up somewhere en route? :)

marchesini
15-10-2004, 12:13 AM
Whats the skinny? I know its late notice notice but if I can get out of work for a day, I may come along.

Costs, times (start & finish), what it's all about (Alfie) etc?

Cheers

simon

slob
15-10-2004, 06:24 AM
See y'all on Tuesday

Richard_S
15-10-2004, 04:11 PM
nick will you be doing the M25? Im just off jct 13 and will be heading to the ace M4/North circ. not the most enlightining route but your welcome to join....

nik_the_brief
16-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Cheers Richard,

Yep, the M25 - not my favourite road but it gets ya there. Sounds like a good idea to meet up on the way as I have no idea how to get there.

Just let me know the best time and venue to meet you (I'm not sure even what time the course starts).

Great new avatar by the way! :D

Richard_S
16-10-2004, 12:26 PM
im guessing that its a 9am start....

if we say 8 it should give us time to get there and maybe bag an early cup of tea.

as you come off jct 13 take the fourth exit at the roundabout, as if your going to get back on the M25 going towards gatwick. Follow the road up and stay in the left lane (the right one goes back on the M25 and the left is signposted egham/windsor). You'll go round a bend with the siebel building and approach another roundabout. 1st exit and a bar called the Iguana. I'll see ya there. Ive Pm'd you my number.

C ya tues (and looking at it you'd better bring your frogman suit) :rolleyes:

Runningman
16-10-2004, 02:27 PM
Whats the skinny? I know its late notice notice but if I can get out of work for a day, I may come along.

Costs, times (start & finish), what it's all about (Alfie) etc?

Cheers

simon

Hi Marchesini
It's on the 19th OCtober, at the Ace Cafe, North circular Rd, and starts at 9.00AM, finishes around 4.30PM. The cost is £30.00 and that includes lunch!

You are welcome to join us; my problem is that I need to cancel two of the places I was holding for club members or lose £60. Let me know before Monday if you are definitely coming.
All the best
Martin

Anyone else interested?

madhatter
18-10-2004, 06:59 AM
.....It's on the 19th OCtober, at the Ace Cafe, North circular Rd, and starts at 9.00AM, finishes around 4.30PM. The cost is £30.00 and that includes lunch! I need to cancel two of the places I was holding for club members or lose £60.....

Hey Guys and Gals from Beds & Bucks!

This looks like being a very good day at the Ace Cafe, a chance to spend the day with other Monsters and learn some improvements to your riding skills. With lunch included, I can't see how you can lose for £30!! :eek:

You only need to bring your license, insurance and MOT with you, and you can see from the previous posts that the Police arn't going to be taking any interest in loud pipes and small number plates.....so come on.....someone out there must fancy a great day out for £30!! ;)

PM Runningman if you fancy this as it will all be over and done with tomorrow, let me know if anyone want's to ride down with me. I plan on leaving Fliwick at 8.00 latest.....Can't wait for the 10.30 session on power wheelies and stoppies!!!.. :twisted:

The Kevlar Kid
18-10-2004, 08:00 AM
Welcome back from holiday Madhatter, glad to be back in the sunny UK??

I'd love to join in on this, but on the basis that it'll be tough getting out of work (and the fact that you're probably going to need a snorkel and a pair of flippers), I'm going to wimp out.
Been looking at this thread all week though.
Will have to sort one of these out in the spring / summer.

Runningman
18-10-2004, 08:20 AM
I'm just ringing bikesafe to cancel two places (if they'll let me) so any one who just wants to turn up, please do so. It will save me some face, not to mention £60.00.

Don't worry about the weather, they will time the rideouts to miss any downpours.

See you there!
R

slob
18-10-2004, 09:06 AM
Martin, I'm sorry, I'm going to have to miss tomorrow. I fnucked-up my back on Friday and can barely walk, yet alone ride safely. I was hoping it would settle down over the weekend but clearly this is not the case. I'm gonna ring bikesafe now and let them know. Once again, sorry to have let you down.

madhatter
18-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Welcome back from holiday Madhatter, glad to be back in the sunny UK??

Wotcha KK!

On the last day of my holiday.....I'm lying on the beach with a cold drink.... it's 36 degrees....and my tan has darkened to the point where I can just about stand the heat :cool: .....four hours later I'm landing in Luton airport and the pilot says "welcome to Luton, where it's drizzling and the outside temperature is 6 degrees" :eek: . Thought I was going to get bloody frostbite on the way home!! :D

Shame you can't make it, I haven't seen the forecast for tomorrow yet, but as of 1.00pm in Herts, the sun is shining and it's warm....fingers crossed, or my fake tan is going to run in the rain!! ;)

Runningman
18-10-2004, 01:17 PM
Sorry to hear your bad news Slob.
Slobs bad luck has left three places going begging.

Any Monster people within striking distance of the Ace Cafe are welcome along. It starts at 9.00AM, costs £30.00 and will really improve your riding and your safety.

Its also a great day so why not give it a whirl.

Madhatter - if you want to hook up on the way down I can meet you at junction 9 around 8.00AM.

r

marchesini
18-10-2004, 04:16 PM
You only need to bring your license, insurance and MOT with you, and you can see from the previous posts that the Police arn't going to be taking any interest in loud pipes and small number plates.....so come on.....someone out there must fancy a great day out for £30!! ;)

Oh bugger, lost my wallet this morning. Driving licence (both parts), cheque cards, store cards, everything. Managed to get the day off aswell - any chance of doing it without my licence - can bring my insurance and registration documents if necessary. Let me know.

Best regards

simon

marchesini
18-10-2004, 04:27 PM
Just spoke to them, and them being the police and all, they can check my licence details on the computer. Now, I just need to nick some money off my missus for the day. :lol:

Now, onto the nitty gritty. Who's going there from Kent? Travelling from Bexleyheath/Barnehurst so I guess over the Dartford Bridge and across somehow - anyone heading that way?

Hopefully see y'all tomorrow (or en-route).

Best regards

simon

Runningman
18-10-2004, 07:59 PM
Well done mate...look forward to seeing you tomorrow.
Any more, just turn up.
R

nik_the_brief
18-10-2004, 09:34 PM
See ya there :D

nik_the_brief
18-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Marchesini - I'm coming from as far down south in Kent as it's posssible to imagine. I've never been to the Ace either!!

Was going to meet up with richard-s but your route sounds much quicker (so I'm sure Richard will appreciate if I send him a quick text). Coming up the M20 - what time and place is best to meet you?

You'll have practice at not tearing off when ya get there as I only have a weedy 33bHP restricted 600 bt I'd appreciate it if you could lead the way! :D

marchesini
18-10-2004, 10:11 PM
Marchesini - I'm coming from as far down south in Kent as it's posssible to imagine. I've never been to the Ace either!!

Was going to meet up with richard-s but your route sounds much quicker (so I'm sure Richard will appreciate if I send him a quick text). Coming up the M20 - what time and place is best to meet you?

You'll have practice at not tearing off when ya get there as I only have a weedy 33bHP restricted 600 bt I'd appreciate it if you could lead the way! :D

you have pm

The Kevlar Kid
19-10-2004, 12:40 AM
Runningman / Madhatter, If my Boss gives me a call by 7.30 to say I can have the day off, I'll be joining you. I'll meet you at J9 of the M1 at 8.00.

I don't know exactly where you are meeting so keep an eye out for me, I'll probably be by the roundabout by the on / off slip or by the petrol station at the watling street cafe. If I'm not there by 8.00 dead, leave without me.

Rob.

Richard_S
19-10-2004, 06:42 PM
all in all a very good day.

apparently I am right on the edge between being a "positive" rider and an "agressive" rider. I do like those little moments.

the guys were very friendly, lunch was good and plenty of tea. Certainly beats working....

Im sure that you'll all be pleased to here that after 80 mins Im all polished and you can once again denote that I ride a monster rather than a cow pat.

apologises nik ; didnt realise that you needed fuel that desperately. Trust you got/get back ok.

everyone else :)

Ciao :cool:

Bruza
19-10-2004, 09:03 PM
Have to say a great day out and as richard has said, deffo beats being at work!

Learnt plenty and its fun flying along at 90 down the A40 only having to to worry about the GATSO's....!

If you have a spare 30 quid and a day off work.. take the time and do the day, well worth it.

If you saw the state of my bike youd have thought I was green laning!

Cheers to all involoved today, good to see new faces.

Bruza

Runningman
19-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Just to say thanks to all who made it to the Ace today;
Madhatter, Richard S, Bruza, nic the brief, Marchesini and The Kelvar kid.

I had a great day, riding with some mates, learning some new skills and having a laugh. Not bad for £30.00.

Thanks for making the effort, hope you all enjoyed it too.
See you soon.
Martin

madhatter
20-10-2004, 07:16 AM
Just to say thanks to all who made it to the Ace today......thanks for making the effort, hope you all enjoyed it too....

A great day out Martin and well organised by yourself! As everyone has said, a good laugh, an opportunity to ride with mates, learn new skills and take the pi55 out of the Traffice Police......and all for £30!! :D

Sorry I missed you Rob, I was waiting at Flitwick (Junction12), but you got to the Ace before me anyway......Nice to meet Nik The Brief, Marchesini, Bruza and Richard S and put new faces to forum names....I promise I didn't laugh, really, at the state of Richard and Bruza's bikes when we all got back from the first run-out (as mine only had a slightly dirty belly-pan) :lol:

I'd recommend this to anyone in the UKMOC if you get another chance. Once you get over the initial ar%se puckering feeling of having a Traffic Cop sat behind you when you are clearly doing 80-90mph, you will enjoy yourself!!

nik_the_brief
20-10-2004, 07:50 AM
Yep, cheers guys (Marchesini and richard-s in particular for the help getting there and back and for Martin for organising the whole day). Sorry about getting you there so late Simon! Got back home no problems at all.

Despite my clutch overheating in London traffic (I'm draining and replacing the fluid this weekend then!) and the leaking fuel pipe that was p*ssing petrol over my exhaust manifold which was fixed by a kindly copper, I had a brilliant time. I was told (and felt myself) that the afternoon ride was smoother and that I was taking better lines through the bends.

I was paired up with a young lad (not from the club) on a 600 inline 4 Honda somethingorother and a very easy going copper on a 1,200 Buell but in full police gear. It was very funny to be following him and to see car drivers treating him like a normal biker then seeing the Met Police flourescent jacket and check striped lid and nearly sh*tting themselves!! :twisted:

Richard - getting home was no problem, I've made that trip down the A40 loads of times. Was just slightly concerned at first about finding the A40 in the first place. Not a problem really as I'd been there earlier that day anyway! Nice filtering by the way, I'd never have been able to keep up with my bar end mirrors!!

It was great to put more faces to names, now that I know where the Ace is I'll return there (unless Flip's there in his tutu!). :D

Richard_S
20-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Its amazing the level of jedi filtering powers one develops after 3 months of commuting down the M25/M4 everyday. Glad ur all OK, I felt a bit bad when I realised that your restricted ; I did kinda go for it. :burnout:

The Kevlar Kid
20-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Cheers for organising the day Martin, it was excellent.

Highlight had to be pulling over that guy who got bollocked for the incident on the roundabout, always wanted to do that.....

Weather was good, lunch was good, learnt some stuff and a day out of work. What more do you want for £30 - excellent value for money.

Any one out there reading this thread thats not done one of these Bikesafe days, do one, you wont regret it.

When I say do one, I mean do one, not do-one. now I'm going to do-one. :burnout:

madhatter
20-10-2004, 12:06 PM
......Highlight had to be pulling over that guy who got bollocked for the incident on the roundabout....

We had one as well, some cabby parked up in the bus-stop leaving two buses trying to get pass each other down the high-street...blue lights flashing...telling him to move out NOW. :mad: ...I was just hoping he resisted so that I could aid my fellow rider with a citizens arrest and beat the crap out of the cabby. :twisted: .....and all for £30!....almost convinced me to buy one of the dayglow vests! :lol:

The Kevlar Kid
20-10-2004, 12:33 PM
almost convinced me to buy one of the dayglow vests! :lol:

I want one of the dayglow jackets with 'POLICE' across it, it'd be handy for the daily commute into work. Oh and the blue light, and the siren, and the.....

They can keep the Pans' though

nik_the_brief
20-10-2004, 04:06 PM
It really wasn't a problem richard - it'll be even less hassle next year when I can de-restrict the bastard all legal like! Was fun trying to keep up but it just ain't got the ooomph!!

My fuel problem continues though, think the pump has given up the ghost so I'm already gearing myself up for the interminable wait for a new one to be delivered to Ducati Ashford. Gotta take the old one off first thiugh. Know what I'll be doing this weekend. :mad:

SAMMYE
20-10-2004, 05:07 PM
I would be going but Bromley Magistrates court currently have my licence :rolleyes:

A Yerbury
20-10-2004, 05:47 PM
the swines past mile end? they had mine too untill..well they had mine too.