PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Bars

Mark Walker
13-10-2004, 09:43 AM
Right, yesterday I spoke to Ducati Leeds who offered me a set of handlebars for a 600 at £28:31 +postage. Today I phoned them up and they claimed I never told them it was for a dark and that it would be £48 for that bike. :confused:

Are there any differnces between the standard 600 bars and the standard bars for a '99 Dark? He claimed the holes for cables/bolts etc could be slightly different.....does anyone know the truth, as I'd like to keep it standard, but don't really want to pay out an extra 20 quid if I don't have to.

norrie
13-10-2004, 02:33 PM
I cant see that being the truth as you can fit Renthals and not worry about that.
I think they are at it.

Norrie.

NattyBoy
13-10-2004, 03:21 PM
std bars will be the same I think mate..you get this with many ducati parts..ive learned since I bought all that stock ! For example..ive got 2 identical 996 panels, and there is £70 difference between the list price....just because of a different part number..!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

A Yerbury
13-10-2004, 03:59 PM
airbox lids are 10 or 15 depending on the #.....

Mark Walker
14-10-2004, 10:05 AM
Well spoke to Riders this morning and they quoted me £41 quid and I argued with them until they said, 'Actually mate that's for the Monster City Dark' the Standard Dark is £35 quid......so I bought them.......just fancied getting things back to standard for now......although after hearing Duncan, JR and Zimbo drive off from the pub last night, I have started have evil thoughts about exhausts........

A Yerbury
14-10-2004, 10:11 AM
I put one in the bin this time last year.....If you have a time machine Mark let me know! There's a ducati one on ebay for £1 with bar end weights, its black? perhaps this is why some dark ones are more?

Mark Walker
14-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Binned the time machine last week and waiting for a new Flux Capacitor from Cobb and Jagger....so missed out there.....

Have seen a couple on ebay, but the last one went for 31 quid anyway, and I am perhaps getting a little sceptical in my old age about ebay stuff......just fancied having something that was brand new and unlikely to bend in my hands..... he says as the chap from Riders is out crowbarring a set of bars of an old scrapper out the back......

A Yerbury
14-10-2004, 10:27 AM
scepticism is a good thing, world full of evil do-ers out there. although I did get a near mint sachs shock last week for £21 (it would have been £10.50 but for a certain "monnie900" who bumped the price up by a tenner....) these things are about 460 new.
you'll soon be back to normal and drooling over exhausts no doubt!

Mark Walker
14-10-2004, 10:30 AM
you'll soon be back to normal and drooling over exhausts no doubt!

I think that's why they need replacing.......

A Yerbury
14-10-2004, 10:34 AM
"choortle".....................and the wheelies.

Mark Walker
14-10-2004, 10:53 AM
seeing as you are the first person to have commented on my avatar from the greatest kids tv show ever.....I thought I would change it......seeing as it is windy outside......

A Yerbury
14-10-2004, 12:27 PM
and there was me about to chip in "helloliddleoleladee!"
I have seen the future of avatars and "morph" features highly...
Ay, Barney McGroo, cuthbert, dibble and gruff.

Mark Walker
14-10-2004, 01:02 PM
I wasn't sure whether to pledge my allegiance to Trumpton, Camberwick Green or Chigley......and there was also a pull towards Jamie and His Magic Torch......but Windy's wave won out.......did you know that all the orginal puppets from Trumpton and its surrounding towns were burnt on a bonfire as they were taking up too much storage space......quite sad really....

A Yerbury
14-10-2004, 02:09 PM
pity, they would have made charming museum pieces, and why dont the beeb repeat these, If I had nippers I would rather they watched that, or the clangers than some garish tellytuby clone patronising the nations future neural surgeons parading itself as education whilst in reality aggressively marketing brightly coloured tat to a generation of "eh-oh" feeble brained couch potatos.....I blame Thatcher.

DesmoDog
14-10-2004, 02:10 PM
Sounds like ethnic cleansing by the teletubbies to me. About the monster city, I recall reading that this bike had a more upright riding position than standard, my guess this would be through rising the bars so there may be a slight difference there.

Mark Walker
14-10-2004, 02:15 PM
That could explain it! Just hoping now that the ones I ordered are the right ones......oh well....

By the way Mr Yerbury Trumpton, I know for a fact, is available on DVD, so I suspect some of the other stories are probably available too....

A Yerbury
14-10-2004, 02:36 PM
latex girls #3, Throne of Blood, Bullit and errr trumpton?.....(possibly "the morph files" too)

Mark Walker
14-10-2004, 02:46 PM
could be a waving theme starting too......