PDA

View Full Version : Red Lion 17th Oct

BoozyBOB
12-10-2004, 06:11 PM
OK folks names here please for a ride to Avebury on Sunday 17th Oct.. :lol:
this could be the last ride of the year for the Hampsters... :(
Meet point for this ride will be Four Marks little thief..then Alton.. :D times to be arranged
the choice for the ride is (rapid) Hoon :eek: :twisted: there and leasurly ride back. :bunny: ..or vice versa...let me know

cheers

Pedro
12-10-2004, 09:44 PM
If it ain't raining, I'm in I think!

Ped

NattyBoy
12-10-2004, 09:53 PM
Im in...where do you want me to meet you..bearing in mind im in swindon..? JR will probably be at the rendezvous with me ??

Cheers
Nat

gwyndaff
13-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Hiya All,
I know I'm just over the border (Berkshire) but can I come?
The weather looks to be OK on Sunday (doh... I've jinxed it now)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3468
This should be a link to the BBC weather page, I don't know if it works.

What time are you heading off to Avebury?

taking it easy
gwyndaff

NattyBoy
13-10-2004, 04:17 PM
Oh..and if you want to, we can take out my new mini moto afterwards at 'circuit de la Asda' for a pre season shakedown test.. :D :D

Phoenix
13-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Mmmm Avebury....Ok Boozy what time at Avebury then ? :)

Phoenix
13-10-2004, 05:33 PM
Oh..and if you want to, we can take out my new mini moto afterwards at 'circuit de la Asda'

Oi ..I reckon thats cheatin young Natty....practice before the event is strictly forbidden....well it is now :D

BoozyBOB
13-10-2004, 10:39 PM
well done all... :D
Hampsters meet ..FOUR MARKS..little thief at 10 for a coffee..
leave at 10:30ish....
g/daff..we will be hooning A339..(speed trap valley)..Alton to Newbury..
so you could either join at Greenham comm..(a little after 11)or when we join A4 to Speen...
Natty..we should be passing through Marlbourgh about 11:45..
..Phoenix...and on to Red Lion just after 12... :lol:

if you are joining at Four Marks try to be nearer 10 than 10:30 please...
we will have a fuel stop in Basingstoke..
lets hope the sun shines :bunny:

pete
13-10-2004, 11:43 PM
Bob,
if the weathers looking good, I might cross the border and tag on as well if that's ok... If I do I'll find somewhere sensible on the A4 between Newbury and Speen to wait for you (don't know the road, so not sure about lay-bys etc along there....).

Cheers, and if I don't see you Sunday have a great day out !

Pete

gwyndaff
14-10-2004, 08:03 AM
Bob,
Thanks

I will wait for you guys at the Shell Petrol Station on the A4 in Speen if thats OK (at 11 0'clock - let me know if plans are different)

Pete, I'm just down the road from you in Thatcham, If your up for it do you want to meet up in Speen also?

This should be a link to a map showing the shell station. (if it works)

http://www.yell.com/search/ShowMap?nat_id=792988&businessType=PETROL+FILLING+STATIONS&location=Speen&replayURL=%2Fucs%2FUcsSearchAction.do%3FsearchType %3Dclassic%26broaderLocation%3DNEWBURY%257CBERKSHI RE%257CSOUTH%2BEAST%2BENGLAND%257CENGLAND%257CUNIT ED%2BKINGDOM%26keywords%3Dpetrol%2Bstations%26loca tion%3DSpeen%26scrambleSeed%3D4882%26mqs%3Dx

Lets hope for some good weather.
Take it easy
Gwyndaff.

JR
14-10-2004, 12:00 PM
Nat, Dunc and myself will be heading your way Sunday, so we will arrange a meet point near the time. Willl the Farringdon Multistrada be out as well ?

Hope the weather stays fine.

JR

BoozyBOB
14-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Pete you could nip over to Basingstoke to meet us if you want...or as g/daff said you could follow A4 to Speen and meet at petrol station...(you cant miss it on the left just as you can see the speed camera).. :eek:

NattyBoy
14-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Bob...might be a couple of 998s joining us too...

Jim...how about I meet you on the M4 roundabout like last time (11.30)...Bob...well pick you up at 11.45 in marlborough high street by waitrose (as you enter the high street on the left).

Ill e-mail the baltilada owner !!!

Cheers
Nat

mad_turnips
15-10-2004, 01:20 PM
arse a group of us went for a ride on sunday from pompy as i was in town should have checked this before wee could have joined up

BoozyBOB
15-10-2004, 10:55 PM
turnips...it is this Sunday...17th

pete
15-10-2004, 11:18 PM
Bob, gwyndaff, if I do come along I'll be at the garage in Speen before 11am (thanks for the map btw...) If not, then have a great, safe day out.....

Praying for some clear skys !

Pete

Pedro
16-10-2004, 11:45 AM
Bob

looks like I'm not going to make it as I have a sticky brake caliper that needs stripping and cleaning. I'll try to get it done today but don't wait for me if I'm not at the meet.

:(

Ped

BoozyBOB
16-10-2004, 12:57 PM
:eek: hope you get it fixed Ped...
any others meeting at Four Marks??..Mel,Sax,Sprint et all?
:D :bunny: :burnout:

gwyndaff
16-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Sorry Guys,
I can't come tommorrow

Ive got no speedo cable or MOT (It was all supposed to be sorted by today but the speedo cable hasn't arrived from Pegasus)

I hope that I haven't missed the last ride of the year :( :( (will there be another ride soon?)

Hope you all have a good one

Gwyndaff
(mopeing around the house :mad: )

JR
16-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Nat ,

Prior to seeing your posting Dunc rang me and we arranged a meet at his house at about 1045 in the morning, with a plan to go direct to Avebury via Chippenham etc. so we will have to try a quick rethink in the morning. PM me your mobile so that I can keep you posted.

JR

BoozyBOB
17-10-2004, 05:11 PM
:lol: thanks all for turning out...twas a good day...
overcast morning..and *e'kin cold..but rich was at Four Marks in time for a coffee before we left...did the A339 Alton to Newbury.. :twisted:
then was joined by pete on the A4...dont know how we were too early for Nattyboy in Marlbourgh..but he did join us at the pub as did Duncan and jr..
we had just sat down with drink in hand..and Saxman arrived..
again well done all on a chilly day.. :lol:

BoozyBOB
17-10-2004, 05:15 PM
:confused: also spotted...blue S4r (heading other way) on A4 as we were neer Marlbourgh..
:eek: and a red monster passed the pub with a police bike close behind...think you were doing bikesafe, as after 20 mins or so you passed again thistime behind police bike..

BoozyBOB
17-10-2004, 05:19 PM
some pics...
i dont know why Duncan wanted a pic of the wheelie bins..

NattyBoy
17-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Yep..good catching up lads....that cold weather woke me up (which I needed as had been up at 5.45 watching motogp!!)

Cheers
Nat

Duncan
17-10-2004, 07:45 PM
Niiiiiiiiiicccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllyyyy bins!!!!!

pete
17-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Bob,
twas indeed a fun day, thanks for organizing it ! I've never ridden that road (A4 from Newbury to Avesbury) and indeed it was very nice. Don't know if you noticed but there were 4 of us for alot of the way (some yellow jap job, probably a Hornet I think) was on my tail for quite some way.

Nice to meet duncan, JR, Nat and Saxman - hope to see you again soon !

Nearly got wiped out by some stupid cow who could hardly see over the steering wheel on the R/B over the M4 at Theale :eek: Jesus, how do these people get driving licences :confused:

Got near home a bit before my passport expired, so decided to drop into my local for a quickie - and guess what, yes, the heavens opened :mad:

Cheers guys, bring on spring......

Pete :)

BoozyBOB
17-10-2004, 08:11 PM
glad you liked the ride pete..come the nice weather we will travel further on A4 ..(it gets better :twisted: )..Duncan and jr know some nice roads..(and pubs :lol: )...
cheers

JR
17-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Not only does Duncan know all the best roads and pubs (I only follow), but he also knows the best coffee shops. After a great ride up to Malmsbury, we returned via some more great biking roads, ending up in Chipping Sodbury for afternoon tea/coffee and cake, followed by a quick swop of bikes to give Duncan a taste of the 1000ie, then on home. Bit chilly, but no rain, and sun on q . Well done Bob!

JR

Duncan
17-10-2004, 09:40 PM
JR was right. A great ride out and nice to see the few hardy souls that made it (its only Mid October fer Chrissakes)
Really enjoyed that blast back via Wroughton, Wootton Bassett, Malmesbury, Sherston, Acton Turville and Chipping Sodbury with very little traffic to hold us up, dry roads and tea and cake at the end.
Hope to see some of you soon.

thesaxman
19-10-2004, 07:21 PM
twas good to put faces to names, bloody cold ride home, had to stop off at my local and warm up a bit. ;)