PDA

View Full Version : Important announcement - Gloster Monsters October evening meet

Duncan
11-10-2004, 07:40 PM
Now that the dark evenings and inclement weather are with us, the group need to change from evening runs.

Therefore on Wednesday evening 13th October we will be having a pub night at the Waggon and Horses, Thrupp Stroud from about 7.30pm.

It will be an opportunity to discuss
1. whether we go back to 2nd Sunday's lunchtimes for our monthly meet
2. A definitely possible minibus trip to the NEC bike show
3. The Xmas meal
4. The area rep

Hopefully a few of you can make it across.

Duncan

Mark Walker
12-10-2004, 08:23 AM
Would like to come along and meet a few people, and it might be an ideal way to do so as I can make it without the bike! The only thing is I might be going out for my anniversary tomorrow, so that might take precedence.....although nothing definite yet...

Is the pub easy to find in Thrupp?

Duncan
12-10-2004, 08:14 PM
Its easy to find Mark. Its on the road out of Stroud towards Cirencester on your left. My monny will be parked outside.

D

Phoenix
13-10-2004, 05:35 PM
2. A definitely possible minibus trip to the NEC bike show

Make it on the final Saturday then you can pile in to mine for the party :D

Duncan
14-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Make it on the final Saturday then you can pile in to mine for the party :D

Funny you should mention that P, the topic came up and I think Zimbo rang you and it looks as though the Gloster lot may be paying you a visit.

Other things -

1. It looks as though I shall be staying on as Gloster area rep for now. I did offer my resignation but as no one else wanted the pleasure (and it is a pleasure believe me) then I will stay on. I pointed out that 3 years ago I only took on the job on a temporary basis for a few months and it became permanent. Being away a lot and with family commitments, I have many constraints on my time and dont feel I can do the job justice. So the door remains open for anyone who feels they can do it better or to just take on a part of it.

2. Regional Xmas meal. This will be a post Xmas meal on Saturday 13th January 2005 at the Waggon and Horses, as we appreciate there are many demands on peoples time in December what with family, works parties etc. As it all goes a bit flat after Xmas this will be a good chance to pep things up and have a New Years Eat and Drink.
Details to follow but expect a similar format to last year with a meal and wine at a fixed price, in the private room with use of the bowling alley.
Anyone interested let me know preferences as the menu and format can be tailored to suit us and if theres any musicians here then theres room for you to jam too.

3. Evening runs / weekend ride outs.
We have decided to use this board to publicise events at short notice to take advantage of the weather etc. Hopefully there will be at least 1 event per month to keep the group together.

4. Nice to see Mark Walker about and looking fit though not back on the bike yet.

Coming up this weekend, theres a few gonna meet at Avebury, anyone interested in riding over let me know.
Weston beach race thats on 23/24 October and is the maddest baddest race event in the country with over 1000 bikes taking part. This year Colin McRae swops his rally car for a bike on the Sunday and the Saturday features Monster truck? Quad and sidecar racing. Anyone going?

Finally - Thanks to EVERYONE who has made it out to any of the local events this year, the evening runs to pubs across the county (and beyond), the weekend events, the Bristol Show. Without all of you it wouldnt have been possible and especially to JR who has been an ever present, Zimbo, Fred, Karen, Julian, Nattyboy and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all and anyone else I have forgotten.

Phoenix
15-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Funny you should mention that P, the topic came up and I think Zimbo rang you and it looks as though the Gloster lot may be paying you a visit..

Eeeee cool :)

Fredcat
31-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Dunc,

I have been out on the XT with the green lane boys for the last few weeks so I have not been keeping up with the board. Yep I would like to go on the New year meal! Ummm if there are any rideouts the old cat machine could do with a dusting off!!!!

You are doing a great job mate keep it up!!!

Fred the shagged cat. ;) :bunny: :p